iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Electric Firewood Processors

Started by mmtrees, January 18, 2021, 12:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmtrees

Looking for an electric firewood processor. 

Are there any other options other than Hakki Pilke?
Hakki Pilke | Join the winning team

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

mudfarmer

Have had the same thought before.

They make electric chainsaws, those work fine I guess? Not much experience with them. They make electric wood splitters too but those are wimpy wimpy.

Big 3ph motor spinning whatever hydraulic pump would normally be spun by gas/diesel motor is probably the answer, which maybe is what sawguy21 is asking for.

sawguy21

Electric hand held tools and homeowner wood splitters are generally limited to 120VAC 15A. A processor is going to require a lot more power than single phase can normally provide.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Corley5

Most manufacturers if they don't have one listed they'll build you an electric one.  Brute Force gave me an estimate on one a couple years ago.  Block Buster used to list electric as an option.  I've seen some big Multi Teks that are electric.  A three phase power source is required.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

mmtrees

mmtrees

Quote from: Corley5 on January 18, 2021, 04:47:12 PM
Most manufacturers if they don't have one listed they'll build you an electric one.  Brute Force gave me an estimate on one a couple years ago.  Block Buster used to list electric as an option.  I've seen some big Multi Teks that are electric.  A three phase power source is required.
I just found this one ROBUST | Izkusite kakovost ROBUSTNIH strojev They seem to be odd-looking machines and slow.
The blockbuster has a neat skid steer cleaner which I could use. But I think it would get ruined quickly. I've never heard of anyone using one of those either.
Those companies don't list electric splitters/processors.
What I would really want is a power split double with a conveyor that's all-electric. 

OH logger

I wa just at blockbuster Friday and we discussed this very thing. They make electric and Tim told about a guy that has an electric (not sure what size) in a shed and loves it
john

hedgerow

Quote from: mmtrees on January 18, 2021, 07:09:51 PM

What I would really want is a power split double with a conveyor that's all-electric.
I would contact them. I am sure they would build one with a electric motor or you could buy one without a gas engine and install a three phase motor. 

47sawdust

mmtrees,

Powersplit will build an electric splitter and have built a couple in the past.

Contact them and they will tell you what info. you may need to provide.

Louis Lapointe is very responsive.

Best of luck, Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Thank You Sponsors!