iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new hudson oscar 28 anyone else have one advice on setup & sawing tips?

Started by fivedogs, September 07, 2007, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fivedogs

have a new oscar 228  anyone else out there have one  and have any advice or tips on setup and operation any advice would be appreciated thanks fivedogs

Dan_Shade

I had a 28 for a while.  I liked it. it was a completely different experience than my LT40. 

my advise is:

Get some good cant hooks

keep the blades sharp

lower the sawhead down below your cut, then crank it back up to the mark you want to cut on, that tightens the clutch back up on the winch.

The guy that bought my old saw has a neat trick, he has 3 sections of track, he puts one on the floor of his pickup, one on the ground, and uses one as a ramp, he ramps the saw in and out of his pickup bed.

avoid the clamps and backstops :)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Radar67

If you are going to be using it stationary, stiffen up the rails with 2x6x1/4 tubing. I built my own trailer for mine out of it. It is easy to set up now because it is rigid.

I added weights to my head frame to make it ride the rails smoother. There are some pics in my gallery.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Thank You Sponsors!