iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tranny swap

Started by ABTS, March 22, 2015, 11:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABTS

I have a 200 timberjack 610 forwarder with a 5 sp manual I think a clark . Has anyone done a automatic swap . The tranny sits behind a 4bt cummins. the tranny is fine but boy the leg gets tired of pushing the clutch when doing pin row thinning . I was thinking of seeing if I can put a automatic  in it .

bushmechanic

I'm not going to say it can't be done but I don't think you will have enough room behind the engine for an auto trans. Then there's the braking issue, if the manual trans is gone your going to work those brakes a lot harder than you normally would. Your best bet would be to sell that one and get a hydrostatic machine like a Timberjack , John Deere , Rottne , Ponnse , etc.   

ga jones

I don't believe An Allison wouldn't be that much longer. AT 545. That's what was in the 200 series skidders.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

ABTS

I've thought about a powershift but a Allison auto might be cheaper. I like the timberjack got it for a really good price. I could spend 5000 and still have gotten a good deal on it. just a thought i'll have to get at the tranny and take some measurements thanks.

Thank You Sponsors!