iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A semi storage trailer

Started by farmerdoug, December 11, 2008, 04:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmerdoug

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving I won the high bid on a semi trailer for storage from an online auction.  I was not allowed to inspect the trailer but the pictures showed stuff on the trailer.  I do not trust pictures of things like that so I bid on it as an empty trailer.  It cost me a little over 750.00 total plus I gave a friend 150 to tow it home yesterday.  It took a while to get it because it was at a power plant and clearance was needed to get to it.  It also came with a aluminum landing and steps too.

Well when I looked in it before we pushed the steps on I saw that it is loaded with electrical contractor tools and supplies.  I will be delving into it tomorrow to see what exactly there is but there is literally a ton of copper wire on it to start with plus a couple of Knack jobsite toolboxes also.  I will post more info tomorrrow. ;)
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Tim L

Do the best you can and don't look back

Burlkraft

Doug....Buddy....wudda ya gonna do with them tool boxes  ;D  ;D  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

farmerdoug

Not sure but I will probably not be keeping them. ;) :) :) :)
Doug
Fargo, MI

Burlkraft

Let me know. I sure could use one and if I bought one it would be a good excuse to come to Michigan again  ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

farmerdoug

I will.

As for the rest of the stuff I bought, I bought the trailer for storage so I need an empty trailer. ::)  I am sure there will be alot for sale. ;D
Doug
Fargo, MI

easymoney

you never know how a sale will go. i am addicted to auction sales. sometimes there is real good bargains. a few months ago i bought all the contents of a storage trailer for $50.00 i got quite a few items i could use. sold the remainder for over $1,000.00 for scrap. my latest was a bank repo sale. i got a 02 pontiac grand am that needed a good cleaning and tires. runs good for $800.00 sometimes the problem with auctions is dragging your prixes home after the sale.

farmerdoug

I will takes lots of pics and post them here so everyone can join in the fun.  I am sure there will be things I will need help in naming their use so we will have fun with that too.  And when the selling starts it will be posted here as well.

You know things like this can really make your day.  It can be a little like winning the lottery. 8) :D :D
Doug
Fargo, MI

oakiemac

Doug, you sound like you are my new best friend! ;D

Need any help storing some of the "junk" let me know.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

farmerdoug

Quote from: easymoney on December 11, 2008, 07:32:44 PM
you never know how a sale will go. i am addicted to auction sales. sometimes there is real good bargains.  sometimes the problem with auctions is dragging your prixes home after the sale.

I hear you on that plus the 'what do you need all that junk for' routine is common too.
Doug
Fargo, MI

farmerdoug

Oakiemac,  I will be thinking about you when I dive in tomorrow. ;D
Doug
Fargo, MI

oakiemac

Good luck on the dive. Let us know what you come up with.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Ironwood

At times I have bought sooo many bargin ______ (fill in the blank) at sales I got tired of carrying it home  ;D As my one economics college prof would say I exceeded my "utiles" of need, or as us humans would say,  no more utility in hauling more home.  ;D

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

farmerdoug

So far tools are lite in there.  Seeing they can walk off easy I am not surprised.  I found a sawzall and a hammer drill that work but they are needed here.  A few lineman's tools my brother has claimed.  There is alot of wire, rope, conduit, connectors, and bolts in there.  here is two jobsite boxes.  Pics will follow after I upload them. :)
Doug
Fargo, MI

farmerdoug

It is a mess in there. ;D

Here is a shot with both jobsite boxes in it.

Doug
Fargo, MI

DanG

DanG, Doug! :o

DanG

ps: are you sure yer guy didn't pull out with the wrong trailer?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

farmerdoug

It was the only one left. :D :D :D
Doug
Fargo, MI

isawlogs

You know you in a sad predicament when you need to buy a storage trailer to empty and store the goodies in the trailer you bought for storage .  :-\   :D  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

I heard of box lots at auction.But this is way better.Just like Christmas.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

OneWithWood

it's kinda like a box of chocolates... :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!