iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New 2400

Started by Little John, October 15, 2012, 01:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little John

Installed a new 2400 this last weekend.  Love it, not so much dealer, but it worked out in the end.  Been running a week, oil fired furnace hasn't kicked on yet!  I will post a few install pics when I get that straightened out (I have a mac)...  Now the work begins!
John

Little John

insulated 1" pex inside r-max, buried apx 4 feet deep

boiler sits right outside my rear garage door

start-up fire per CB instructions....

insulated pump and the rear doors with foilback to try to keep out the Alaska winter

thecfarm

Little John,welcome to the forum. I always thought there was snow all the time at The North Pole.  :D Guess to many Santa Claus cartoons growing up.
You will like it. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Little John. :)
Do you have any elves to help with the needed firewood demand for your new CB? ;D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Little John

Thanks for the welcome.  Been a member for a bit, just had a lot of other things going on (baby girl), and haven't had time to post....
thecfarm-How dare you speak of snow... was going great till that, now look what you did  :D

woke up to this...
We have four seasons: Winter, June, July, August.... ;D

thecfarm

Looks like you just made it.  ;D  Will that snow stay? Or do you still have a while? We USALLY don't get snow that will stay on the ground until after Thanksgiving now. 30 years ago things was different. But one never knows or can say for sure.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Little John

Unfortunately, it is here to stay.  Been around 20 at night, 30 all day for the last few weeks.  Was just a matter of time.  I can remember one year out of the last 20 where it hasn't snowed till Halloween, but this is the norm... 
I am still trying to build a coal bed, so playing with the OWB a bit.  Lowered the pulse timing to 20 min, and extended the burn, hopefully it will help...

Thank You Sponsors!