iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Today......the news said Rock Hill, S.C. has the lowest prices in the country.

$1.63 gas         $1.87 Diesel
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jim_Rogers

Last I paid in Southern NH was $1.919

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Bill Gaiche

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

4x4American

I just filled up with offroad #2 and it was $1.90/gal
Boy, back in my day..

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: 4x4American on December 22, 2015, 05:02:46 PM
I just filled up with offroad #2 and it was $1.90/gal

Do you run off road in your truck?

4x4American

No but I run offroad in my sawmill and tractor.  If I did that it'd be just my luck I'd be driving by a DOT with my gooseneck on and no cdl overloaded and they'd dip the tank and really give it to me!
Boy, back in my day..

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: 4x4American on December 22, 2015, 05:54:29 PM
No but I run offroad in my sawmill and tractor.  If I did that it'd be just my luck I'd be driving by a DOT with my gooseneck on and no cdl overloaded and they'd dip the tank and really give it to me!

:D :D :D

Woodhauler

1.76 for gas at BJs in maine with there credit card, 1.91 without. I use card each time I am near them. On road diesel was 1.99 last week  at irvings in maine. That is on there card.. I use it and it comes out of my checking each week.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Ljohnsaw

:(  Was $2.09 yesterday and now is $2.19.  Probably up another nickle tomorrow.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

redprospector

I don't even look when I pass the gas station here, but down the hill diesel is $2.09 and regular unleaded was $1.85.
It seems like the closer you are to a refinery the higher the price.  :o
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

SwampDonkey

I find there is quite a disparity here in the pricing scheme. Here we are at $36/barrel and price at the pump is $0.97/litre. When oil was $125/barrel the price for gas was $125/litre. The game is rigged, always will be. Gasoline is a commodity just like oil is. Oil price influences it, but it is not a direct relationship as the refiners are making more profit now since the margin between oil and gas is so much higher. The last time oil was this price, gas was 20 cents a litre cheaper. But, everyone forgets that here in NB the gas tax has been increased 5% in total by two consecutive governments.  >:( :-X  Yes we are paying for services, but in my case someone else is getting them.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

grweldon

87 octane gas here in central Alabama is around $1.72-$1.75/gallon.

Low-sulfur diesel is about $2.19/gallon.

Prices fluctuate a few cents upward every so often...
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

lowpolyjoe

I think 93 octane was around $1.97 at Costco the other day when i filled up.  i only noticed because i couldn't remember the last time i saw premium under $2 (and that's with a credit card).   I remember a while back when it was in the $4.50 range and my daily commute was costing me a fortune.  Incredible swing.

Hope the next car i pick up isn't a turbo so i can skip the 93 octane. 

Ljohnsaw

Here's a related question - what is the largest difference you have seen at a station between cash and credit?  They just put in a new Shell station by a new Walmart (there are other stations in the area, including a cheap ARCO).  The first time I drove by, I thought I miss-read it.  Nope.  Twenty (20) cents more per gallon for credit!  And they are also 10 to 50 cents higher than the neighbors!  That's insane.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Chuck White

The most I've seen around here is $.05 difference!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

You don't get any discount here for cash, on nothing.  The only place you could is if your not dealing with corporations. Their price is set in stone. Good heavens it becomes complicated you know. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lowpolyjoe

I forget what the typical cash/credit difference is around here in northern NJ... i think it's something like  $0.10 or $0.15 ?   

I think Costco only accepts their own American Express credit card or a debit card.  They only list 1 price.

beenthere

IIRC, in WI there is a law that the price can't be different between cash and cc. Now do think they can refuse some cc's if they are too expensive to carry. And used to be that AmXp was one, and still is one, that all places do not accept.

Costco is being dropped by AmXpress come early 2016. Switching to a Visa card.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dgdrls

Quote from: Chuck White on December 22, 2015, 04:54:23 PM
Here in Russell, it's $2.359!

What is it in Potsdam Chuck??

Syracuse is below $2/Gal for the cheap stuff.

Dan

Bill Gaiche

Siloam Springs, Ark last night unleaded was $1.52 with a Wal-Mart card. bg

Chuck White

Dan; Gas is within $.02/gal Russell, Canton & Potsdam with the exception of one full-service station in Canton, it's $.20/gal higher.

He told me "it doesn't make much difference to me whether or not I sell gas", I'm a service station.

chevytaHOE5674

Last night it was $1.96 for gas, $1.77 for road diesel, and off-road diesel for $1.37 a gallon (which I hauled home 200 gallons of).

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rjwoelk

Regina saskatchewan payed 87.9 liter that would be around
$2.32 a gallon. Then the exchange rate probably $2.00

We are charged $1.37  a US dollar at banks here, so even less than $2.00/gallon. They are charging way more than their 2.5 cents on top of current international exchange rate. If so we would be paying $1.28 a $US
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Thank You Sponsors!