iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone have a barrel of cherry syrup?

Started by Dave Shepard, February 13, 2008, 05:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

Because I could make you an 800 ton slushy right now. :D Trying to scrape this stuff up is like herding cats. You spend all afternoon trying to do it, and the cats are still all over the place. ::)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

isawlogs

Could we be having a slight snow issue  ???

I only did a part of the yard today .. to upper part , gonna wait till tomorow to do the rest it might have stopped snowing by then .   :-\ 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Raider Bill

Tough all around guys, raining here in normally sunny florida today, all day........ ruining my tan.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Dave Shepard

Nah, the six inches of snow is no big deal, it's the few inches of rain on top of it that's making a horrendous mess. I'd rather be puching 18" of wet snow than this mush, especially now that I've got chains on the tractor. 8) Lots of flooding around here today.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SwampDonkey

Ice hitting the windows right now. Suppose to rain sometime tonight.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

Sunny today, not a cloud in the sky high supposed to be in the low 80's, can't find my tanning oil  8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Engineer

Made the mistake of plowing my driveway yesterday early, all the rain hit the frozen dirt and ice underneath the snow and froze up.  Now I have an inch of clear sheet ice on my entire driveway.  I've been holding off getting and sand or salt so far this year, but it looks like I will have to break down and spead some grit.   :(

SwampDonkey

Sunny, windy and 22 F here. From what I can tell we got about 5 inches last night. Didn't get much freezing rain, but a little crusty on top and kinda hard blowing. But got'r after an hour. I left my snow 'til morning because I didn't want that ice. But it wasn't bad after all. Big one coming Monday.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

semologger

Nothing here for the last few Days but ICE. Storm hit Monday. Poplar bluff had around 4 thousand people with out electric. Mom and Dad live there went about a day without. They have a wood fireplace so they just stayed in the front room. They are about 25 miles from me. Others have been without for days. They are hoping it warms up today so Ice will melt from power lines. They say its going to get windy and possibly break the lines. I hope not.

I started running a high fever monday night. I felt like i was laying outside in the ice storm instead of haveing all the balnkets on me. I was freezing. Been in bed since fealing lots better today. Finaly broke my fever now just conjested, fells like i cough fire.

I hope no one catches my cold by reading this.  :D

I am sorry i drank all your cherry cold syrup this week. I had enough for ya. ;D

SwampDonkey

Just 2 miles south of me is the ice-up line. 6500 without power at the capital. No wind here, but could get interesting further south with wind and ice coated trees.

Dale Hatfield

We  have a layer of sloppy wet slop that froze and is now cover by snow. However the bottom fell out today. Started the morning at 5F and then 39F by 3pm.  Started dressed like a yooper and finished in a t shirt.
Spread some ash from the wood burner on that sheet of ice. Even in frozen weather the dark color from the ash will melt. Good luck
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

semologger

we got lucky most of ice iz gone. i didnt want to lose power. i need my heaters going running an 100 plus temp. i stay cold. but when i am well again i love the cold weather.

SwampDonkey

Well, we have snow falling again today.  :D :D

Engineer

Will wood ash on ice help to melt it or does it just make things more slippery? 

isawlogs

I put ashes out and it does help , only if the sun can get out of the clouds to shine down on it .
  We haven't had much sun this winter ...  I have a serious case of sunless fever .  :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Dale Hatfield

Works for me. We have used it for  traction in slippery spots as well. I have never owned a 4 wheel drive truck/car. We use wood  ash on the drive way all time. Beat buying dust /grit from the quarry.
Being black on a white background just a little sunlight will start the melt. Im off to go dust my drive now.
Dale
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

Thank You Sponsors!