iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got a new processor on TJ 608

Started by Mike_M, October 08, 2018, 03:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_M

Well we finally got a Waratah 622B mounted up on our TJ 608. I'm really happy with how it turned out and is working great so far. It had a TJ 762C head on it with electric over hydraulic joysticks . The controls were switched to hydraulic pilots with Danfoss handles. Our other machine already has the Danfoss so we wanted consistency. I debated on taking the squirt boom out and having the boom modified for the new head, but we kept the squirt boom. We only use the squirt when needed because the 622B is heavier that the 762. My son and I are the only ones that operate the machine and both know the limitations with the boom. I will try and post some pictures if I can figure out how, I'm not the most computer savvy person.

Ken

Them old TJ 608's are a pretty bulletproof machine.  Still a few of them working here although I don't know of any with a 622 head.  Good luck with it
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Mike_M

Thanks Ken. We have been happy so far with the 608, only having some minor things like hoses and other little things.

JCHSRH

Quote from: Mike_M on October 08, 2018, 03:04:11 PM
Well we finally got a Waratah 622B mounted up on our TJ 608. I'm really happy with how it turned out and is working great so far. It had a TJ 762C head on it with electric over hydraulic joysticks . The controls were switched to hydraulic pilots with Danfoss handles. Our other machine already has the Danfoss so we wanted consistency. I debated on taking the squirt boom out and having the boom modified for the new head, but we kept the squirt boom. We only use the squirt when needed because the 622B is heavier that the 762. My son and I are the only ones that operate the machine and both know the limitations with the boom. I will try and post some pictures if I can figure out how, I'm not the most computer savvy person.
I know it's been a while. I'm just curious are you still running the 608? I'm looking at one with a similiar setup. I would love to switch it to hydraulic controls and danfoss handles too, was it a major ordeal?  And how has the machine been for you? Any rough idea on life from their engines/pumps?

Thank You Sponsors!