iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yukon Bison Wood/Coal Add-On Furnace Owner's Manual -- FREE

Started by AJfromMars, November 22, 2019, 07:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJfromMars

I am glad to be a new member!  I originally joined because I wanted to find advice on the operation of Yukon Bison wood furnace.  I just bought a home with this furnace and I couldn't find an owners manual anywhere including with the company that made the furnace over 30 years ago. We have run our wood furnace once and appears to work okay, but we need to be sure, hard to do without an owners manual.  Then yesterday I finally found a photocopied copy of the owners manual for the Yukon Bison tucked in the bottom of a box that the previous home owner left under a staircase. Hallelujah!

I saw that about 10 years ago on this forum others have struggled to get information or the owner's manual for the Yukon Bison. I am happy to send it to anyone who may want it. 

Still looking to connect to others who also have a Yukon Bison wood furnace to share experiences and advice.  Thanks for reading.

petemc

I'm very interested in a manual for my Yukon Bison wood furnace. I've owned and used this stove for over 20 years and am now replacing a few parts and making adjustments to switches and so on. Like others have stated, this company doesn't exist evidently.  Any help would sure be appreciated. Thanks

uplander

I have a Yukon Husky/Eagle.
Yukon just closed up shop at the end of last summer. EPA regs. Supposedly did them in. I am fearful that the electronics board will go down or the solenoid for the combustion air door will go down.

There was talk on hearth dot com that someone would buy the rest of their parts inventory and make it available but I haven't seen any evidence of such.
Woodmizer lt40G28.  A kubota L4600 with loader and forks.
Various Stihl saws and not enough time to use them!
Finished my house finally. Completely sawn out on by band mill. It took me 7 years but was worth it. Hardest thing I have ever done.

Thank You Sponsors!