iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bought a 450e Husky

Started by thecfarm, October 29, 2020, 04:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I bought a Husky 450e 50cc chainsaw. Picked it up this morning, did a few errands, went and visited the FIL, by the time I got home it was raining. Oh well, saw will have to wait for a work out. I did put the the chain and bar that I had on the Efco and it did fit as they told me it would.
Did not get any money deal on it,$380. But turned in the quarters that I have been saving and that paid for it.
I need a small saw for limbing and cutting the small trees down. This saw will get used a lot.
I have a 372 Husky for the big ones.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

I've used it twice so far. First time just to cut some of the trees that I had down all ready, I used for about ½ hour. Worked good.
Than I cut 4-5 trees down with it. I can say one thing, warm that saw starts easy, and I do mean easy!!! Turn the choke on, than off, and I pulled the rope no more than 6 inches, real slow and that saw was running!!! :o  Good thing I had the chain break on!!! I have to cold start it a few more times to get it figured out. I don't think there is any need to give that saw a sharp pull.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

btulloh

Sounds like you made a good purchase and your saw is a winner. Nice to have a smaller saw or two around. 

I think Echo includes a bag of stone ground grits with every saw. No doubt you'll enjoy the saw AND the grits. 
HM126

thecfarm

The grits special was the week before that.  ;D
I looked at Echo, but they steered me to a Husky.

btulloh

Quote from: thecfarm on November 03, 2020, 05:42:39 AMbut they steered me to a Husky.

Yeah, it's right there in the thread title.  Sometimes I wonder about me.  Maybe I'm losin' it. ???
HM126

thecfarm

Heading towards 30 days with it. Looks like it's a keeper. ;D  Really likes the way it starts. Like the light weight too.

thecfarm

Just an update.
Really like the saw.
Did bring it back to have another recoil put in it, $45 installed.
Well worth it, if that becomes a yearly thing.
As I posted, it sure does start easy.
I use this saw a lot, 3-4-5 days a week. Yes, only 3-4 hours each time, but it gets used.
I have put some hours on this saw.
No reason to pull hard on the rope.
Just a slow easy pull will do it.

Thank You Sponsors!