iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New moisture meter

Started by GeneWengert-WoodDoc, August 04, 2022, 08:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

As some of you might expect, at 80 years of age, the electronics world seems to zip by faster than I can learn.  At dinner tonight, our waitress brought a bill that had a QR thingy so I took out my iPhone, took a picture, and after punching a couple of buttons, it said "competed."  So, I was proud of myself 8ndeed.

This story leads me to a second one.  I received a new moisture meter today (gift) from Delmhorst, JX-30.  It does its main job of measuring pMC, using the standard resistance verses MC data, but the included extras seem impressive.  First, it had Bluetooth, which I know how to "pair, "  Etc,  it also has over 100species.  It has a setting for insulated needles and for uninsulated needles, it has a QR code that gets you the manual when you cannot find the original one.  It uses two AA batteries.  And the meter weighs just over 4 ounces.  It also shows the average MC, the standard deviation, and the last 10 readings on the screen.  Of course, it has the standard connection for the 26ES hammer electrode.  And there is more...I haven't got it all figured out yet.  The meter, case and 26 ES come together.

Perhaps some other manufacturers have the same features...this is the first I have seen it.  And I do not intend to be a salesman for Delmhorst.  I am just telling you about how our somewhat old fashioned industry is moving, like me, into the modern world.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

Southside

Quite certain I would not have been able to pay the meal bill that way. But then again @YellowHammer just compared me to a chainsaw in another thread so.... :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Walnut Beast

I didn't get mine for free.

YellowHammer

Looks like something out of Star Trek.  I miss the orange color.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

customsawyer

My trouble is my eyes aren't what they used to be. When you get one of those screens with to much information on them then I can't read it without getting my glasses. :D
I hope they will keep fixing my orange ones for me when I need it.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

firefighter ontheside

Nice that it still works with the existing slide hammer.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Don P

I want a wireless slide hammer  :)

Stephen1

I just want one you don't have to hammer to get the probes installed and out without breaking them. That would be technology!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

boonesyard

Quote from: Stephen1 on August 05, 2022, 10:52:25 PM
I just want one you don't have to hammer to get the probes installed and out without breaking them. That would be technology!
X2
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

Walnut Beast

Delmhorst JX 30 app

Stephen1

WB did you buy the new JX30 ?
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Walnut Beast

Yes I did. What I posted is from the app they have for it that has several different features very simple to use the unit and app. 

For anybody with the slide hammer and various pin lengths if you don't like using the slide hammer just poke the tips in the wood to mark and drill pilot holes with the cordless. Very quick and you won't wear your pins out or break them off. 

taylorsmissbeehaven

I recently got the 20 model. Getting the instructions from the QR thing is giving me a fit. Technology is moving much faster than I am!!! The app for the 30 looks good WB
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

Walnut Beast

Very nice! They are pretty nice 👍 

Walnut Beast

Quote from: GeneWengert-WoodDoc on August 04, 2022, 08:49:49 PM
As some of you might expect, at 80 years of age, the electronics world seems to zip by faster than I can learn.  At dinner tonight, our waitress brought a bill that had a QR thingy so I took out my iPhone, took a picture, and after punching a couple of buttons, it said "competed."  So, I was proud of myself 8ndeed.

This story leads me to a second one.  I received a new moisture meter today (gift) from Delmhorst, JX-30.  It does its main job of measuring pMC, using the standard resistance verses MC data, but the included extras seem impressive.  First, it had Bluetooth, which I know how to "pair, "  Etc,  it also has over 100species.  It has a setting for insulated needles and for uninsulated needles, it has a QR code that gets you the manual when you cannot find the original one.  It uses two AA batteries.  And the meter weighs just over 4 ounces.  It also shows the average MC, the standard deviation, and the last 10 readings on the screen.  Of course, it has the standard connection for the 26ES hammer electrode.  And there is more...I haven't got it all figured out yet.  The meter, case and 26 ES come together.

Perhaps some other manufacturers have the same features...this is the first I have seen it.  And I do not intend to be a salesman for Delmhorst.  I am just telling you about how our somewhat old fashioned industry is moving, like me, into the modern world.
Gene after you have had your new unit for awhile what are your thoughts. Thanks!

Thank You Sponsors!