iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need Any Firwood?

Started by firefighter ontheside, May 22, 2023, 08:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter ontheside

Fir trees don't grow here in Missouri, so I can only assume they forgot an E for their sign.  I've seen this sign for a few months, but today was the first opportunity I've had to take a picture.  My son was driving.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Nebraska

Old Greenhorn

South of I-70 I believe they call it "Farwood" :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Wlmedley

That would make you a firfighter :laugh:
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

Old Greenhorn

Well he is south of I-70 so....
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Bert

:D Must be a specialty product similar to the "Caper Wood" sign on the way to the state park campground near me.
Saw you tomorrow!

Larry

What else would you burn in your firplace? :o
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Resonator

It's hot summer, what fir you's need dat wood? ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

mudfarmer

I did not know that tubafirs come from Missouri. Always learnin :P

firefighter ontheside

I am a little south of I70 and there is lots of farwood for sale around here, but it usually comes from oak trees.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

DWyatt

I will never forget when I was younger, Dad and I went for a little hunting trip in Southern Ohio. We passed a place that had a sign up that read "Far Wud 4 Sale". We still joke about it to this day.

Tom King

Sign must have been made by the same person who made the  "horse hey for sale" sign that I saw once.

firefighter ontheside

I mean if grey and gray are both ok, why not hey and hay.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

I think that anyone looking for these things would figure out what the signs meant which is why I find these things such 'genyuwine' Americana.

thecfarm

I use to work in a hardware store. Seem like a mistake in a sign would draw more attention than a sign that was spelled right.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Except when folks don't think it is spelled wrong. :D

rusticretreater

Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Ventryjr

I think it's spelled phirewud.
-2x belsaw m14s and a Lane circle mill.

DbltreeBelgians

Found some special "firwood" on our way to Zion National Park. Not sure how it's made but it's gotta be special.

Brent

Resonator

My firwood is all natural and shade harvested.
(Though once I harvest it, I ain't got no more shade.) ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Tom King

Speaking of funny firewood, we had renters in our rental house this past weekend.  I told them they were welcome to burn all the firewood they wanted to out of the pile.  They had three teenaged boys.

After they left, this is what I found.  I thought all teenaged boys knew how to burn something up.  It must have taken two of them to tote that piece of kindling on the bottom down the hill.

The firepit is bigger than it looks in a picture.  The smallest rock probably weighs 600 pounds.  That piece of Hickory on the right is about 5" diameter.

Earlier picture with chair just added for a size reference.  We have an abandoned granite quarry.

Thank You Sponsors!