iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Locating pulpwood buyers

Started by Robert R, May 29, 2005, 11:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert R

I am interested in locating pulpwood buyers near me.  I have a source for selling palate logs but if I could find a pulpwood buyer closer, I might come out ahead even at a lower rate.  I am not sure exactly where or how to seek this information out.  I am in the Kansas City, Mo area.  If anyone knows of someone or has a clue as to where to begin my search, I would be most appreciative.  I am not even exactly sure what pulpwood is or what the buyers want.  I have not done a "pulpwood search" here yet but will.  Thanks for any help.
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

beenthere

You might contact the MO Conservation Dept and talk to a Forester. They should be able to tell you if you have a pulpwood market in the area. Might not be 'pulp' per se, but maybe a chip market looking for wood.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

I was also thinking chips, since you have a mill.

Missouri Forest Products Association

Missourri Prices

I couldn't find a paper or website on buyers or mills, found more sites engaged in protesting wood chip plant operations.  :-\

I did find a site that had GIS shapefiles (maps) and data for mills in MO and other states, but you'll need a GIS program to read in the shapefiles.  :-\

Shapefiles here

Free GIS program here

happy hunting ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bill H

Robert,  Meade Westvaco has a plant in Wickliffe Ky on the Mississippi River, that is a long way from you but you could call them to see if they have anything closer. I know they have a yard in Beaver Dam Ky. that is much closer to me, hardwood only $20/ton. Stephen Rogier is the procurement forester and his office # is 270 274 7666 they may be able to help you. Bill
love to play in the woods
2 Husky 359's
Timberjack 230D
Cat 941
D7

Ron Scott

Contact the local Conservation District Forester, DNR Service Forerster, or professional consulting forester. They should know all your available local wood product markets.  :P
~Ron

Larry

The closet chip plant to KC that I know of, is the south edge of Neosho.  I hauled em some Arkansas logs few years ago...wasn't hardly worth the effort.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!