iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Top 5 Favorite movies of all time

Started by Shawn, December 02, 2006, 12:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beweller

You guys are either young men or you have short memories!  Practically all recent Movies.

I'm glad to see that The Maltese Falcon made someones list.  But no mention of The Five Thousand Fingers of Doctor T?  Would anyone vote for The Ox Bow Incident?  And Stage Coach not on the list?

Put me down for the never saw GWTW club. 
Beweller

Jeff

My updated list.

Something the lord made (HBO film)
Awakenings
the green mile
The Alchemist
Dancing with Wolves

another list ;D

Hell in the Pacific
Mister Roberts
Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison
Operation Pettycoat
Ensign Pulver
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Quote from: Beweller on December 07, 2006, 07:59:43 PM
You guys are either young men or you have short memories!  Practically all recent Movies.

I'm glad to see that The Maltese Falcon made someones list.  But no mention of The Five Thousand Fingers of Doctor T?  Would anyone vote for The Ox Bow Incident?  And Stage Coach not on the list?

Put me down for the never saw GWTW club. 

I didn't mention "Stagecoach" but I did add "Any western by John Ford" at the end of my extended list.

Mary and I watched the real Stagecoach made in1939 with John Wayne this afternoon.  :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Kevin_H.

A top 5 or only 5 might be hard to do, but Top Gun comes to mind. seems like you cant get a group of guys together without some one spouting off a top gun line.

Negative maveric, the pattern in full.

After that it might be the timmy/jimmy power hour I, II, and III   Anyone with kids and the nick channel may have heard of it.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Fraxinus

Quote from: thurlow on December 02, 2006, 10:00:59 AM
In no particular order:
"Lonesome Dove".......I know, it was a TV movie, but still........; or anything else by Larry McMurtry.
"The Big Country"........Peck, Simmons, Ives, Baker, Heston
One of (depending on my mood) "The Quiet Man".......Wayne, O'Hara; "The Searchers".........Wayne, Hunter;"Rio Grande"........Wayne, O'Hara
"Miracle on 34th Street"...........Payne, O'Hara
"The Philadelphia Story".........Stewart, Hepburn, Grant

That's only 5, right  ;D

The Big Country is at the top of my list!!  My favorite all-time line was uttered by Burl Ives to Gregory Peck:  "Teach your grandmother to suck eggs!" 
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Beweller

An interesting asside:  I found the movie, The Maltese Falcon, immeasurably better than the printed story.

How many times can I/you/we say that?
Beweller

BigTrev

Lord of the rings
Independance Day
Alien trilogy
Sin City
Kung Pow

Star wars woulda made it but the 3 prequels turned the big scary Darth Vader into a whiney little girl with dependancy issues  :D
If at first you dont succeed, try a bigger hammer

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

BigTrev

I found this real special for all the others that feel the same about Star wars.

Not sure if I should post the link but if you google "Robot Chicken: Darth Vader Calls the Emperor"

you will wet yourself laughing.

I promise  smiley_monkeyfight
If at first you dont succeed, try a bigger hammer

Bill Johnson

1) Band of Brothers
2) Lonesome Dove
3)Braveheart
4) Battle of Britian
5) The Ten Commandments

and thats just to name a few. :D
Bill

pigman

When I saw The Ten Commandments back when it first came out, at the start of the movie, it was announced that there would be an intermission at the half point of the movie. After three and one half hours with out the intermission, I heard someone say they didn't think they made over seven hour movies. :o  The theater must have forgot about the break at the two hour mark.

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Bibbyman

We watched parts of two great movies this evening. 

After supper I put on a DVD of "Anne of Green Gables" (1934 version in B&W) that I'd recorded off of TCM over the weekend.  Alex loves the classic movies and she was glued to the movie.  Gabe and Mary were even looking over top of the books they were reading to follow along. We didn't get to finish it before the girls' bedtime so we'll get back to it tomorrow night.

After the girls said their goodnights',  we found "American Graffiti" was in progress on TCM so we finished out the evening with that.   "Rome wasn't burnt in a night."
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!