iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mill update

Started by Bill Gaiche, July 29, 2010, 01:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gaiche

Meadows Miller

Gday Bill

Nice looking mill Mate  :) ;D ;D 8) 8) I take it you built it yourself ???

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

bandmiller2

Good job Bill,theirs nothing like building your own mill to give you a crash course in bandmilling.Anyone can buy a mill not everyone can build one.What did you use for bandwheels I see the adjustments on the back??Are their plans for a power feed and hyd. log turner?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Burlkraft

Nice mill Bill  8) 8)

Beenthere might sneak up and steal it.

He likes that John Deere green  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Bill Gaiche

Burlkraft, you wouldnt do that would you? Meadows Miller, yes i made it by myself. bandmiller2 I used the wheels for a LT 15. Rollers and blade are W/M also. I had a intrest in mills because i like wood working in my shop. just a hobby. Worked at a saw mill first year out of school, my dad did some mill work many years ago from a steam driven tractor. John Deere green has been a favorite color to me for years although never had a real tractor. I dont plan on adding anything else because i just saw for the pleasure of it although some type of feed would be nice. Was up at Will Baughs business in January lookin at the first bandmill i had ever looed at and asked some question and visited with one of his customers about mills. In the process i had asked Will if he sold blade and he said yes. He went out into his shop and pick what he thought would be an overall blade for me. I started to my truck to get some money to pay for the blade and Will would not accept payment at all. The rest is history, just had to add a little steel with the blade that i was proud to have and now i have just exactly what i wanted from the begining. Got to go, neighbor just called and said that he has some 12' pine logs in his yard for me, free stuff. Will be my first pine to saw. Thanks guys for the complements. bg

Magicman

Wow Bill,  I'm anxious to see a log loaded up on it and sawdust on the ground.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

nice mill bill,
congrats on the build and it looks real nice.pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Carpenter

Nice job on the mill! 

5quarter

Bill...excellent job on the mill. I wish I had just 1/2 of your talent. What kind of woodworking do you like to do? Any particular woods you have in mind to cut? Any plans for a mill shed? maybe a solar kiln?

Chet
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Chuck White

That's a real nice looking mill.

Also, looks very stout, solid made!

That should be able to handle anything loaded on the deck.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bill Gaiche

5quarter , thanks. I like Red Oak and Cedar at this time. I do just family and friends projects. Tables, shadow boxes,cedar chests, beds and what ever comes up. You know sooner or later someone will need something. No shed but i plan on doing a solar kiln as soon as i can get enough pine cut. Next week hope to start cutting some cedar for a fence. Chuck i believe it is strong enoug to do what i want. thanks guys. bg

Thank You Sponsors!