iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

By-pass door weld failure e-classic 2300

Started by gyro jr, November 01, 2010, 07:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gyro jr

I installed the e-classic 2300 three years ago and had all the same failures that were posted here. I thought that everything was well and good going into the new heating season, but naturally sh.. happens. Pulled on the by-pass to do a little cleaning and checking before lighting things up and whala, I hear pieces falling to the ground inside the outer tin house of the boiler. Well, made some phone calls to the dealer, waited, waited, and can I say waited... I ended up pulling the bypass arm out myself and found the weld just separated on the shaft by the flapper. My dealer asked me if I could just weld it myself. Well, I need to live with a 25 year warranty and just had a feeling that maybe, down the road, some other failure might happen and CB might say that the repair was not authorized/ correct/ whatever the excuse. The dealer ended up welding up the end of the shaft, not replacing it. Reinstalling the flapper and leaving. I lit up the boiler and for the first time since I have owned this, smoke was coming out of the chimney when the unit was sitting Idle. During the startup the smoke was heavier than normal, but maybe the wood was damp :-\  Stuck my head in the rear turbulator cover and saw the "welded flapper" not making a good seat with the boiler and smoke escaping from the burn chamber. Made some more calls and will update with new info. Gyrojr

Thank You Sponsors!