iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just bought a new Stihl 362 at noon,, WOW!!!

Started by DebarKing, January 05, 2012, 08:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DebarKing

Just bought a brand new MS 362 at noon today. I haven't even had the chance to get all of the dealer's first tank out of there yet, about 2/3 of the way through. What a difference from my old 036 pro. I bought the 036 used a year ago for $125. After I encountered an issue last month that I have yet to figure out, I dug a little deeper into it, and lets just say that it was severely neglected by its previous owner. I decided I wanted a new one. I'll just say that the first cut had me sold. Easy to start, quick warm up, smooth cutting, and fast!! I slapped the 18" stihl yellow-label bar and chain on there and dropped a small maple, a small ash, and some poplar, as well as some ash slab that I got from work. My original intention was to keep the 036, but I'm having second thoughts on that haha! Thinking of fixing it and selling it. For now, I can't wait to get this thing to work and lay it into some big ash with the 25" combo (also yellow-label)!!! ;D
Nick

Stihl MS 362
Stihl FS 55 Trimmer
Stihl 036 Pro Saw
Stihl MS 660 Magnum (Work Saw)
One MEAN Dodge Dakota

Bill Gaiche

DebarKing, welcome. Glad that you have found youself a good partner. bg

DebarKing

Thanks Bill! I think we'll be happy together for a while.. I really can't wait to see what it's like when its broken in. Im not expecting anything like a 660 of course, but so far am very impressed with the power with fewer cc's.
Nick

Stihl MS 362
Stihl FS 55 Trimmer
Stihl 036 Pro Saw
One MEAN Dodge Dakota

WDH

I have the older MS361 and it is a cutting fool!  You will enjoy this saw.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ianab

Yup, there is just something nice about a good saw like the MS36x range. Smooth, light, plenty of power, just makes them a pleasure to use instead of a chore   :D

The good news is, run 5 tanks of gas through it and it will cut even better.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

lumberjack48

The last 4 years i logged up till i got hurt, i carried a 034 Super, i had 3 of them.  I used a 16" bar, set at about 14,000 rpm, i wanted as much chain speed i could get.
It was a fun saw to run everyday, i was pretty hard to keep up with, the 034 showed me it could keep up.

Debarking this saw will impress you everyday you run it, i think the saw would be happier pulling chain on a 18" bar.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

CabinDweller

I got a new MS362 a few months ago and have put about 20 tanks through it now. What a great saw! I love mine. Congrats!
Cutting to heat my log home...

- Stihl Chainsaws
- Norwood Industries LumberMate Saw Mill

DebarKing

I agree with the 18 inch bar for now, its definitely fun. Buried it in some nice bark free ash today (logs had hardware not suitable for a band-mill). Like a hot knife through butter. I'm eager to finish breaking it in so I can put the bigger bar on. I already had a brand new 18 inch bar and chain that I bought for my 036, the day it quit running. I couldn't justify not getting the new 362 with the 25 inch bar for the 30 dollar difference in price. I couldn't buy a bar and chain that size for 30 bucks haha! It'll be easier to saw those bigger firewood chunks with, that's for sure! But an 18 inch is definitely my bar of choice.
Nick

Stihl MS 362
Stihl FS 55 Trimmer
Stihl 036 Pro Saw
One MEAN Dodge Dakota

artmo

debar king- what is the price of the 362? art

VT_Forestry

Here at work the 362 is my go-to saw for just about everything...great power/weight, you'll definitely enjoy it  :)
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

DebarKing

artmo: the price i paid in Pennsylvania (I'm from upstate NY, just not fond of the local dealer or their repair staff) i paid MSRP $699.95 plus tax with a 25" bar.

VT: I don't blame you!! This thing is a fast cutter, light weight, and just plain screams harder when you bury it!! I love this thing!! Can't wait til its broken in!
Nick

Stihl MS 362
Stihl FS 55 Trimmer
Stihl 036 Pro Saw
One MEAN Dodge Dakota

Shellbark

I got an almost wore out 361 I bought new about 5 years ago.Its been a highly reliable,super fast saw.I just wonder,will the 362 out cut the 361s?The local dealer here said it would,and would be more fuel efficient than the 361.The price is about $120 higher than I paid for my 361,but I guess thats to be expected.

DebarKing

ShellBark: I've never used a 361, and trust me if I could've found one brand new, I would have bought that over the 362. I'm sick of government restrictions haha! Like I said though, I was looking to retire my 036 Pro, and the 362, on the first tank made that poor old saw look like a poulan (both running the exact brand new bar and chain)!! Absolutely no regrets in what I paid for it. Makes cutting a pleasure. Think I'm gonna go and drop that old shag-bark behind the pole barn now... ;D
Nick

Stihl MS 362
Stihl FS 55 Trimmer
Stihl 036 Pro Saw
One MEAN Dodge Dakota

Shellbark

good deal DeBarking,and good luck with that shagbark,just leave them shellbarks standing  lol

Thank You Sponsors!