iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CB E-Classic 1400 after snowfall

Started by Roger2561, March 10, 2012, 04:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger2561

I can't wait to show my co-workers who do not believe when I tell them that snow piles up on the roof of my CB E-Classic 1400.  I will also show them the pic of the water temp to prove the unit is extremely hot inside but nice and cold outside.  Some of them think that because the unit is outside, I'm heating the outdoors with it.  This might help me prove otherwise.

Roger
Roger

wheelinguy

People rarely believe me either and I have an old cl6048, snow piles up on top and doesn't melt until it warms up ouitside!

sparky1

I too was shocked when our first snow fell this year. It piled up on my 6048.. CB does a great  job of insulation their product!!
Shaun J

AsaG

Same deal here on the 2400 and the 6048 it replaced.  Ice on the door and completely encasing the bypass lever are common too. If you really want to shake 'em up, snap a picture of the display in high burn. Nothing like seeing something completely covered in snow operating at 1200°F!  8) 

boilerman101

I have seen this for 10 years on my Central Boiler Classic and now on my Eclassic. One of the reasons I originally bought a Central Boiler in the first place was because of their superior urethane insulation.
Urethane insulation sprayed completely around the water jacket, leaves no uninsulated seams, no cold air blowing through it and water can't penetrate it or ruin it.
That is why it is also used to insulate hot tubs and domestic water heaters too

Note the snow and ice still on the chimney tee and clean out too. I have also seen this on my E2400.
Goes to show you how efficient that Eclassic is and how cool that chimney is running.

thecfarm

I had a IWB at my other house and have a OWB now. That's how it should be. I was told that you don't get much radiant heat,I think that's the right word, from a boiler. The heat comes from the water inside.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dean186

I agree, the Central Boilers OWB are insulated well.  It shows up best after just a dusting of snow.  The light dusting of snow stays until the sun hits the top.

Thank You Sponsors!