iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ripped off by idiot

Started by 1woodguy, January 16, 2013, 06:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1woodguy

brother in law drove by one of hispropertys today and noticed that a mobile home doors were open.
  it was one we were selling to him that I used for storage until he paid for it.
He has been ripped off three times at other places
  I had a jacuzzi tub new and several air units they left
Took all plywood 2x4,6 12/14ft down to 3and4ftpieces I had lots of electrical stuff new and they took all my plumbing fittings rolls of Pex and lots of 1 1/2to4inch plastic fittings and all the pipe ,new boxes of screws nails etc
And lots of metal roofing
  Bad thing is I mark my name on tools and I hope no one uses them in a crime
Anyway one of the guys leaves his cell phone cigarettes and lighter inside
Cops liked that
BIL filled out the police report As it was his land
  Cop said if they don't recover stuff that they have a victims recovery fund now
So we may get something back time will tell
Experience is a rough teacher first you get the test later comes the lesson!

clww

That sounds like stuff that will appear in "materials": on your local CL.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Chuck White

Just like the TV show, "Worlds dumbest criminals"!   :D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Brad_bb

Was it a prepaid untracable or a real one?  Hope you nail the Bum!
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

All phones can be traced to someone. They'll catch him....but you may not get your stuff back.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Glenn

A few years ago I had two new lumber pilers working night shift for me.  One of the day shift guys left his cell phone on a pile at quiting time.  The two new guys decided to keep it.  So a few hours into the shift the cell rings and the new guy answers it.  Guy on the other end asks who it is.  New guy tells him - last name and all !!  He was told " now that i know who you are you better out the phone right back where you found it !!    I laughed all night !

1woodguy

Phone was traced and ha called texted buddy's to help him haul off stuff needed several more pickups
After 3am its all on phone.
    Wish I would of build a big shed with materials
I have several projects nearby and that property was 15 or 16 miles closer to them than I am
  usually try to keep enough plumbing supply's around to do 12 or 15bathrooms and kitchens or kitchenettes ,but at least I have somemore stored at another place and hot water tanks,toilets were elsewhere
  In the towns nearby they are going to permits and licensed plumbers and electricians and it's a pain if rural I can do it

Ianab

The phone will have lots of interesting info for the cops, even if it's not traceable to him directly it will have his Mum's nymber, his G/Fs number, all his buddies, his drug dealer, and probably even a couple of pics of the guy.

May not get your stuff back, but at least the cops have some clues to put the heat on someone  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Slab Slicer

Quote from: 1woodguy on January 16, 2013, 07:27:03 PM
  Phone was traced and ha called texted buddy's to help him haul off stuff needed several more pickups
After 3am its all on phone.
    Wish I would of build a big shed with materials
I have several projects nearby and that property was 15 or 16 miles closer to them than I am
  usually try to keep enough plumbing supply's around to do 12 or 15bathrooms and kitchens or kitchenettes ,but at least I have somemore stored at another place and hot water tanks,toilets were elsewhere
  In the towns nearby they are going to permits and licensed plumbers and electricians and it's a pain if rural I can do it

So it sounds like this scum ball and his buddies will get busted. I hope you're able to recover everything, but at least you have recourse with the Victims Recovery Fund.
2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

1woodguy

Wife and I talked about it and decided its not a big deal really don't matter if we get any of it back at first I was slightly upset but
   Sure beats coming home from a trip and finding the place you live burned or totally stripped we know of some who experienced that

In a way it was a good thing (cheap lesson),in reality I don't need tools and materials scattered in various places.Have safer places to store them
Need to do one or two projects at a time and don't need supply's for projects We know won't be completed in less than 2 to 5 years if ever

1woodguy

Talked to the cop yesterday
  he said they called the guy, he agreed to come in and then didn't
I wanted to know if they were going to pick him up?

he said it wasn't in his hands anymore up to the DA.........
   Hmmmmmm!

Thank You Sponsors!