iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Central boiler fan

Started by talldog, February 16, 2013, 08:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talldog

As some of you know,I have an E-Classic 2300. My dealer recommended that I get a replacement fan to have on hand if mine should quit..He is actually no longer a dealer because Central Boiler canned him for not selling enough units. However ,he is still quite helpful to any of his former customers. So my question is ,do any of you guys have a fan on hand for emergency s? I s there a place online that anyone knows about that might be a little cheaper than Central Boiler? I'm just trying to be pro-active in this. Thanks

r.man

My OWB is fan combustion and I kept a spare fan although it was used and scrounged. I actually had three but I gave away one and used another for something else. I had to put the spare on last year. In my case it wasn't too serious to have the spare because I could have used a hair dryer to get by. I am now on the lookout for another cheap or free spare. Mine is a very basic small squirrel cage fan that has a mounting flange on the air exhaust end. They are commonly used in refrigeration equipment and wood stoves. If you have a friend with an OWB you might share a spare fan and pump.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

hoardac

I found one for mine on ebay for a good price. Not a central boiler but same thing. I put a new one on my stove when the old one started making some noises, I oiled up the old one and keep it for a spare now. I have spare parts for most of the stove just in case.

thecfarm

Not really a bad idea. You know it will go bad at just about zero out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sam-tip

Yes one fan.  Two solenoids, one controller.  I upgraded controlers and they would only give me $100 for my old one.  So I kept it as a spare.  Plus a door seal kit.   I am almost a preper.   Just be ready because it will break and will cost you more in the future.   I got most of my parts on Ebay.  Search Fasco A166 blowers  $75
Central Boiler E3200 WiFi
Many many ported chainsaws. 201 to 3120
TM log splitter pro30 6 way head
D&L 1020 swing blade sawmill for slabbing
Timberking 1220

doctorb

I have thought about having a spare on hand, and I will do so now.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

muckamuck

I replaced mine after 5 years with a slightly more powerful fan (I heard the old 2300 fans were weak.) - see my post at

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=63432.0
I kept the old one for a spare.

thecfarm

Not really a bad idea to have a circulator on the shelf either. I think the taco 007 that I use are $70?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

talldog

Thanks for your responses guys. This might be better to be a little prepared.

hockeyguy

What everybody said about having a backup made sense to me.
I just ordered a Fasco A166  for my 2300(I believe this part # has been changed from the original) from Amazon for $77.00 including shipping.
I'm in my third year of use and have already ready replaced two door gaskets and one solenoid so I figured it was only a matter of time for the blower.

Logging logginglogging

I once had a fan on my 2300 go out on Christmas day. I called the dealer the next day, he said he had one and sombody else called about it too, i flew there and got it. I always keep a spare now, but I also always make sure to properly oil the fan motor through the little oil ports.

Logging logginglogging

Quote from: muckamuck on February 21, 2013, 07:42:21 AM
I replaced mine after 5 years with a slightly more powerful fan (I heard the old 2300 fans were weak.) - see my post at

Old 2300 fan in Firewood and Wood Heating
I kept the old one for a spare.
They actually just updated the squirrel cage, not the motor on these to blow more air.

Thank You Sponsors!