iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

knife blocks and knife scales.

Started by hackberry jake, September 18, 2014, 10:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

A guy I work with is starting to take off in popularity around here as a knife maker. Some of the men in my family got some knifes from him this past christmas as communal christmas gifts to each other.

He recently gave me a drawing with dimensions for a knife block for one of his customers and I made it for him free of charge.

He then said other customers saw the block and now he needs more. So I have been tinkering with knife blocks lately. He said he would make me another knife for payment and I decided to make my own knife scales(handle material).  I have cut the block down a reglued it a few times since this picture was taken. It's starting to look pretty... puzzled...

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill Gaiche

I think Jake is drinking something thats making him dizzy also. bg

Peter Drouin

Had a customer come in with some wood and had me cut it 1/8" for Handel Stock. Apple I think.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

hackberry jake

Here is a finished knife with the scales I made.

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

LaneC

Those scales are beautiful. Those would also look great on a straight razor. Very nice.
Man makes plans and God smiles

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Thank You Sponsors!