iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Techlite bars

Started by Husky562, October 27, 2014, 03:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Husky562

I was just looking into a new 20" bar for my 562xp I was just wanting to know you guys opinion about techlite bars thanks.
562xp, John Deere 4310

Maine logger88

Welcome to the forum! I have never used a techlite because when I went too order one my dealer said they were a hundred dollars bent very easy and wore relativly fast according too the guys that had tryed them so that scared me off.
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Andyshine77

Can't remember but they don't make the bar in 20" or maybe it's 24" I can't remember which one. I have a 28" and its the best bar investment one can make IMHO. They hold up just fine, and are much more stiff and durable than the Oregon RW bar. If you look in the right places they can be found well under $100. A regular"solid pro bar that size goes for $60 or more anyway. I remember in 06 buying 32" bars for 50 bucks, the prices have skyrocketed, but then again I paid $540 for a new 372 at the time.
Andre.

SawTroll

Quote from: Andyshine77 on October 27, 2014, 09:46:59 PM
Can't remember but they don't make the bar in 20" or maybe it's 24" I can't remember which one. ....

They are offered in 20" and 28" so far.
Information collector.

Husky562

Thanks for the info
just getting into saws and at thirteen years old its a pretty fun hobby even though its probably you guys's jobs
562xp, John Deere 4310

Maine logger88

Nothing wrong with that if it wasn't my job it would be my hobby too! Do you do mostly firewood?

Husky562

Yes I'm thirteen so I mostly cut fire
wood with my dad
562xp, John Deere 4310

Husky562

I just bought a 562 xp its a nice saw. I see you have one also
562xp, John Deere 4310

Maine logger88

Nice that's how I started out! I'm assuming that you have PPE chaps and a hard hat are important! Yes I have a 562 it's been a very good saw I have had no trouble with it so far I am planning on getting another soon mines starting too get a little tired

HolmenTree

Quote from: Husky562 on October 28, 2014, 05:34:28 PM
Thanks for the info
just getting into saws and at thirteen years old its a pretty fun hobby even though its probably you guys's jobs
Welcome to the forum.
13 is a very capable age as I remember those years myself working on the family farm in Saskatchewan.
I was 8 years old when I snuck my older brothers Homelite behind the barn and felled a half dozen 30 ft poplars, yes I did a no no.....I had no PPE on.
The 562XP is a great saw as it's my "main saw " in my tree service operation, very versatile saw.
Even though the Techlite bars are laminated they are a good lightweight durable bar.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Cut4fun

I thought these bars had been stopped to redo them for some reason.  So they still selling old stock or have they been fixed?

HolmenTree

All I know still sold through Husqvarna Canada without a hiccup.

Husky562

Thanks for you guy's imput
562xp, John Deere 4310

Z50guru

Husky562, its refreshing to know that there are still young men like yourself out there that would spend their money on something useful such as a chainsaw, rather than the latest greatest video game system. I wish you many years of service from your investment, and continue to be productive and safe young man. Good on you pal. Welcome!

Cut4fun

Quote from: HolmenTree on November 01, 2014, 11:13:36 AM
All I know still sold through Husqvarna Canada without a hiccup.

Must be selling the old stock.  Info on it. Techlite bar has been discontinued as of right now June 2014. They are redesigning the bars and at some point they will be launched again but it probably won't be until next season.

Techlite bar is no longer available till they get it revamped

HolmenTree

Combining a laminated design with a lightweight material can have some major breakage issues.  I have one of them seems to be holding up very well but in the wrong hands it can die a quick death with too much bending.

Thank You Sponsors!