iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gin Pole setting 2nd floor log joists

Started by Max sawdust, February 08, 2006, 08:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max sawdust

Hi,
I get so much info from this forum, I figure I should post these pictures.  I know there has been many threads and idea's on how to lift logs.

This is the way to go ;D

Log builder friend of mine is building a house for himself.  So of course it is not log, cause of money and time.  But it will be very nice with elements of log construction and timber frame construction blended with cost/time effective stick building ;)

The gin pole is tied off at the top to four trees at 30'.  Metal parts are only a few hundred to get made. THis one is nice with electric motors but manual would work fine too.  (I am thinking of putting one up by my sawmill to load logs.

Max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Max sawdust

Here is a more distant picture, so you can see the top of the mast and boom.  The boom could be raised so we could continue working in the increasingly tight space, but since the 2nd floor log joists are the last heavy objects in this project the gin pole will come down. 
Max

True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Thank You Sponsors!