iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

It was minus six this morning only good thing we have't had much wind . Whorer frost yep I know thats spelled wrong but you get the picture  ;D and it makes for pretty pictures. Nice thing the snow dosen't stick to your feet.
Bill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

We are getting the first wave of our snow......the bad thing is, the big snow storm will start in the morning around 3 am.

The good thing is......my 'Maters are coming up. Planted 300 plants last week.   materhead

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SwampDonkey

Danny boy, you better get some poles under that saw shed.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

OneWithWood

I was wondering why we have not heard from Danny on this issue.  Sure hope he is not out propping up the no snow load roof.  :o

Here it is just cold.  Was -1°F at 4am and then proceeded to drop to -5°F by sunrise.  I am just tired of it AND I only have a two day supply of firewood left to keep Linnea's greenhouse warm.  Keeping the greenhouse warm has become priority 1 in my life...
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

beenthere

QuoteAND I only have a two day supply of firewood left to

Whatcha gonna do? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

We are holding steady at a cool 34°.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

OneWithWood

Quote from: beenthere on February 11, 2014, 01:06:44 PM
QuoteAND I only have a two day supply of firewood left to

Whatcha gonna do? 

I will be out cutting firewood from wherever I can get to tomorrow.  I have a couple piles of tulip sitting in the yard but the logs are frozen together and I cannot get my grapple trailer in position safely with the snow and ice on the ground (the trailer will pull the tractor downhill with a load of logs on - not fun ) to break the piles up.  The tractor is a JD4520 with a 400CX loader and just does not have the umph to break up the pile.
So I guess I will slog into the woods and cut and carry by hand like I used to.
One With Wood

Magicman

Ouch, not fun.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pigman

My big plastic thermometer has shown 32° F for over a week. I think maybe it is frozen stuck since everyone else around here had around 0° last night. Maybe it will thaw out by Spring. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

thecfarm

14 here now. I was out cutting some wood. Than I started to split some. That wind had some bite to it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 10, 2014, 06:51:18 AM
It's going to rain on Friday.  :-X   yikes_smiley
Looks like snow for us on Thursday, Maybe 8 inches,maybe a foot.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Was a weird day, had sun all day, but there were these low cottony clouds spitting waves of snow flakes that wouldn't even cover a boot track. Then before dark all that went away. It never got above 10 I don't think. Ever since winter 2006-2007, the last mild winter here, it's been pretty much winters as usual. Remember I was all over the place on my sled with all the crust and ice. Could walk and slide anywhere. But after 2006-2007 it made up for it with the record of all winters here in 2007-2008. :D

Yeah the rain is in NS, PEI and Saint John areas. Snow, turning to freezing rain mess up this way. :/ Going to storm 3 days straight.  DOH!!

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

We will see how the no-snow-load handles it this time, although, the worst is expected to be North of the Shed  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hardtailjohn

80 degrees WARMER here today than it was a week ago!  Yep, +40 and a wind blowing.... snow's melting so fast you can hear it!
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

SwampDonkey

Do you get Chinook winds that far south?  ;D

SwampDonkey

The radio weather report doesn't bother with temperature prediction anymore. Just sunny and cold, cold and sunny. :D

coxy

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on February 11, 2014, 09:55:04 AM
Big chill today. 74 and sunny. ;D
I think all of use in the deep freeze should drive down and bunker with mesquite buckeye for a few mounts  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Magicman

Ice has had the Mississippi River bridge at Vicksburg shut down for the past several hours.  It looks like quite a mess.

Update:  Wreck and chemical spill. 

WDH

Just rain here.  Rain, rain, and more rain.  I bet that even Jake is not working in this. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Rob5073

How is everyone in the Southeast doing?   I see there is a major winter storm happening with alot of ice accumulation.  Some places might see more than an inch.  There's going to be many downed trees and power outages no doubt.  Stay warm everyone.

mesquite buckeye

78 and some really bright thing in the sky. :snowball: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

pineywoods

The north half of Louisiana has a couple of inches of solid ice, but it came down as sleet, not freezing rain. Not much accumulation on trees and power lines. We still have power, water and heat, and the pantry is well stocked. Us old folks have no business even getting out of the house...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

OneWithWood

Danny, I hope the rain doesn't start to freeze.  Ice loads are terrible...
One With Wood

POSTON WIDEHEAD

All of our roads are solid ICE. Ice is building up on weak trees and power lines.
Snow still coming down......gonna get worse.  >:(
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

Poston
I see by the new pics you posted in your gallery that it has gotten worse but that the wood fire is keeping you warm and inside.   8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!