iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

70 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

with a chance of more rain. 0.7" so far. The wildflowers are germinating now.

And so it begins. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

48F and sunny, white frost in the morning.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

It's back up to 58° again here this morning!   :-\

Got my flu shot yesterday!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mesquite buckeye

77 and sunny.  ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Have to get my shorts back out. smiley_biggrin01
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

Was raining this morning. Has stopped now,but still wet and the wind is blowing a little,feels warm at 56°.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

78 and sunny.  ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

goose63

65 yesterday it rained all night more rain today tomorrow 65 and sun the tin go's on the new shop tomorrow :) :) ;D ;D :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

ScottInCabot

Woohoo!  It's raining!!!

I know that sounds about as much fun as a dentist visit, but it hasn't rained at my place for at least four weeks.  Burn bans are everywhere in central Arkansas....maybe the next two or three days can alleviate some of those bans?

It'll put a hurting on the sawmillin', but I'd rather have some water this weekend.

Scott in Cabot
Timber framing RULES!

Rocky_Ranger

Rained pretty hard most of the night Wednesday; snow started right after I left for work yesterday - and of course I drove the Mustang.  Had to come home and put the DanG plow on da 4-wheeler to get the Mustang back up da drive.  All told about 3 1/2 inches of snow, some still on today but the roads are fine.  Seems a bit early to be plowing  :-X
RETIRED!

coxy

Quote from: Rocky_Ranger on October 23, 2015, 06:33:09 PM
Rained pretty hard most of the night Wednesday; snow started right after I left for work yesterday - and of course I drove the Mustang.  Had to come home and put the DanG plow on da 4-wheeler to get the Mustang back up da drive.  All told about 3 1/2 inches of snow, some still on today but the roads are fine.  Seems a bit early to be plowing  :-X
we had enough here the other day 1in  you can keep that crap to your self  :D 8) 8)

Magicman

86° here today, but the good thing is that there is rain coming to break this drought.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

In the 40's, nice bush whack'n weather.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Looks like we are in Hurricane Patricia's path.  Much rain so the drought is broken and the burn bands lifted.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

A real heavy frost yesterday. Today we have rain.
Most of the maples are bare. The oak and ash are hanging on.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

The weather guy says that we have gotten ~8" of rain from Hurricane Patricia.  It should taper off today as the storm moves inland.  So far not too much wind.

jrose1970

That's nice about the rain, MM. I didn't realize Mississippi was in a drought. 8 inches should break it for sure.
We have had a pretty good year in Tennessee rain-wise. But growing up in Georgia, I learned to never complain about rain. It's always welcome.
HFE-36; International 424-37HP; McCullogh Pro 10-10

mesquite buckeye

Wetting MO :( :-\ ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

SwampDonkey

Been sunny here so far, bright moon in the early mornings when off to work.  ;D 8)

curdog

Been cool and wet today, stayed around 50 for the high and already had about 1.5 inches of rain with another 1-2 inches for tonight and tomorrow. It was just drying out pretty good, but it beats a drought.  Should be back in the 70's tomorrow

SwampDonkey

With it that warm it dries out quicker than when it's 40.  ;D :D

Ox

Remnants of that hurricane hitting us now.  Just started so not too windy but supposed to change later.  Gusts up to 50 possible on hilltops, which is us.  Picked up extra fuel for generator set yesterday for the always-common power outage.  Only 2 inches of rain expected which is far less than some of you got from her.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Sixacresand

Any weather is better than the hot humid Summer.  But, I will be glad to see the sun tomorrow in Middle Georgia.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

Thankfully our highs are in the 70's.  This is nice with no heat or A/C.   :)

mesquite buckeye

1" and 50's in the big MO. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Ox

Hurricane remnants wasn't as bad as predicted.  Lights flickered and dimmed a few times from what I think was limbs breaking off and touching the lines but then dropping free and to the ground.  Power stayed on!  8)  Not too much rain and not as windy as I was fearing.  It was a good day.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Thank You Sponsors!