iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonebroke

Quote from: WDH on December 14, 2009, 05:17:01 PM
This may become the wettest year on record down here in the once sunny South in my part of the world.   Rain, rain, and more rain.  It needs to spread itself out more and not come down in deluges.  4" in the last 36 hours :-\.  Good old El Nino.

I thought you folks down south were just in the middle of a big dought not to long ago, You can't please you Southerners.

Stonebroke

stonebroke

Quote from: WDH on December 14, 2009, 05:17:01 PM
This may become the wettest year on record down here in the once sunny South in my part of the world.   Rain, rain, and more rain.  It needs to spread itself out more and not come down in deluges.  4" in the last 36 hours :-\.  Good old El Nino

I thought you folks down South were in the middle of a big drought not to long ago, Can't please you southerners

Stonebroke( hope you can read this this time)

Magicman

Quote from: stonebroke on December 14, 2009, 09:15:20 PM
I thought you folks down South were in the middle of a big drought not to long ago, Can't please you southerners
Stonebroke

'Bout like some folks complaining about the cold, snow, ice, and salt on roads...... :D :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: Magicman on December 14, 2009, 09:32:04 PM
Bout like some folks complaining about the cold, snow, ice, and salt on roads...... :D :D :D

I don't complain, I merely make others aware of our wonderful weather. In fact I much prefer winter over summer. 

But I do hear many people complain about a few inches of snow, and I just laugh.. haha

Magicman

'Bout like a bumper sticker that I once saw:

Get In - Sit Down - Shut Up - Hold On

We've all got our weather....either put up with it, or leave..... :D :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

stonebroke

In the northeast we have a saying If you don't like the weather wait five minutes.

Stonebroke

SwampDonkey

There must be a low circling overhead and picking up moisture over water and leaving a dusting over night. Last couple mornings I see a light dusting on the ground and sun all day.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bill Johnson

This is from Dec. 11 down in John Haylow's neck of the woods. I hear that there are places down there that got 120cm (4 feet) of snow in less than 24 hours.
Bill

beenthere

And where is John Haylow's neck of the woods?

Doesn't look like Florida, so must be further north.   ;D ;D ::)

Is it a Whats-it? under there?  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

We are getting another dusting today, this time it's into daylight hours. Hasn't been an inch yet since before sunrise.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

After the soaking that we've had the last two days, I'm wondering how the heck I'm going to "slide"   :o  in to my Dang mill.  I really need to finish that job Friday...... :'(

Bill Johnson

Sorry...According to John's profile he's in the Bracebridge-Huntsville area.  Under that snow is a van.
Bill

mcfcfan

We are 16 days into our summer and we had a hail storm last night. >:( >:(
rain predicted this afternoon, then 3 or 4 days of +23 deg C (about 72f).
Mind you bet it rains Christmas day as always.
Did you know New Zealand is the first place in the world to see the sun rise?

Happy holidays
Lee
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

WDH

Unless it is raining  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I had about 3-4 inches of wet snow when I left for work,about 50 minutes away.I kinda knew what to expect about half way there.It was changing over to all rain. What a mess.Saw a couple vehicles off the road and where a few almost needed help.One small stretch of road will freeze over,while the rest is just fine.That's where one of the vehicles was up against a pole.By the time I was about 15 minutes from work,could not find any new snow.
We are in for some cold weather,according to the guy on the radio   ::)  ,15°.Wonder what he will say when it's -10°?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

moonhill

It is the wind that gets ya.  If I am out working on a cold calm day I am fine, but it it is blowing like it is today it just drains me out.  But I had 25.6 volts in the battery pack this morning. 

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

SwampDonkey

Well, with all this cold weather the ground still ain't froze. Of course it's only been freezing during daytime for a week or two now.  ;D But, I took and pounded a pole in the lawn soil and it was soft like summer.

Oh, I stuck this weather station up. National Geographic puts them out, got mine at Walmart.

Reads just about anything, except snowfall. It does read rainfall amounts though. But, unless we get a January thaw, can't use the rain gauge much 'til spring.  ;D :D

Oh, some of you know you have to report the weather to some of the family members on an almost daily basis. One of them rituals. :D :D

Warbird

We got 3 - 4" of snow yesterday while it was hover around -15° F.  Pretty unusual to get any significant snow when it is that cold.  Then it cleared off and got really cold.  -36° F this morning. 

I was supposed to plow at the church before service tomorrow.  Don't like plowing at these temps.  It is too hard on the equipment.

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: Warbird on December 19, 2009, 04:30:52 PM
We got 3 - 4" of snow yesterday while it was hover around -15° F.  Pretty unusual to get any significant snow when it is that cold.  Then it cleared off and got really cold.  -36° F this morning. 

I was supposed to plow at the church before service tomorrow.  Don't like plowing at these temps.  It is too hard on the equipment.

I'm glad we don't get many days of cold temps like that. But we do make UP for it in snowfall amounts.

SwampDonkey

From what I can tell, if we get any snow at all it's gonna be a flurry, off that DC storm. Dew point is near zero and humidity 69 %, wind calm, pressure steady all afternoon at 29.04.

OK :D :D

Roxie

D.C. can have the storm, we've got about 2 feet of snow and it's still coming down. 
Say when

SwampDonkey

Santa's gonna have good sled'n down that way. ;D About 4 inches here, might have to push a little. :D

SwampDonkey

Have been web surfing a bit and came across this program called Weather Display. If anyone is looking for another hobby then maybe take a look.

http://www.weather-display.com/files.php

Further down the page is an extra program to set up a weather page, called Weather Display Live, for those with a web page account.

The Main Weather Display Program can be used on trial for 30 days and the Live web program is non expiry but has a logo stamped in the web display until registered.

I've not messed with it much, just a quick glance. My weather station comes with basic PC software for all my needs.

They have a help forum on their website as well.

Cheers.

Warbird

That's pretty cool, SD.  Warmed up here last night.  It is 'only' -10° F this morning.

thecfarm

We missed all of the bad storms in the last week. Started out as snow,not much,than the temps rose and it rained hard here.Have not seen the pond in day light.But last night the road was barely flooded over.Temps was in the mid 40's. Have not been out yet to see the frozen mess.Suppose to get 2-4 inches of snow,than temps in the single digits at night but in the 20's high noon than a big storm coming in for the weekend.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!