iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

If we plant in June, the plants catch on fire. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

That's about as bad as a cold winter. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mesquite buckeye

It's not. Trust me, I know. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

WDH

SD,

Your view looks decidedly hophornbeamish  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

woodhauler,we sell a little veggie. So we try to be early. people will buy from us if thier garden is not producing. Beet greens are a BIG seller.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

The neighbors pay the bills with beet greens and lettuce from the greenhouse.  Every week they take a van load of veggies to the Boyce Market in the capital city. ;D  8)

Poston, I understand. ;) :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mesquite buckeye

Why do they beat up greens? PETP will hear about this!!!!!

help_me materhead splitwood_smiley boxingsmiley no_no Violin_smiley smiley_alcoholic_01 smiley_horserider bike_rider smiley_smash smiley_whip smiley_whip smiley_whip bat_smailey bat_smailey bat_smailey smiley_biggrin01

thecfarm

I checked to make sure I spelled it right.   ;D

Poston,you have to pay attention more.  ;D  This will help out the attention part.  ;D

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,66096.0.html
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on April 20, 2013, 09:11:57 PM
Why do they beat up greens? PETP will hear about this!!!!!

The power of the edit button.  ;D

mesquite buckeye

Woodhauler

Quote from: thecfarm on April 20, 2013, 09:01:57 PM
woodhauler,we sell a little veggie. So we try to be early. people will buy from us if thier garden is not producing. Beet greens are a BIG seller.
I would be a buyer for vsome early beet greens!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

thecfarm

I hope they make it. When these start to come up,more will be planted. I had people ask all summer long for them. I tried to grow some in late June. That was a waste of seeds.   ::)  Hardly any came up and what did,did not amount to nothing. I was told that,but I had to try it myself. Than the ones we have growing,will just about stop growing too when it gets warm.

mesquite buckeye

We are picking the last of the oranges. 90 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8)

SwampDonkey

Beats will do fine in June. Mine will grow as big as a coffee mug, which I don't let happen. I like them no bigger than 1" or so. The greens are not much good mid summer though, they get spots. The greens are best off them before they set much of a bulb anyway. ;D  The thing that is hard to grow after a certain point is spinach, it will go to seed when it turns dry and hot. Even the neighbors found that it has to be started early or towards the end of the season. I've had swisschard  go to seed to, but late, and the seed will germinate like weeds. :D

Do you put your stuff under plastic early? It seems too cold for seed to germinate now, needs to at least be in the 60's. I've had tomatoes out under glass in April before, had beefstake maters in early July. Mom's uncle came to visit for a family dinner one time and he had his first local grown ripe tomato before the end of summer. He never seen that before. ;D

Dad said there is still frost in his garden, tried pulling some steaks.

thecfarm

I have played around with the plastic thing. It was in the 60's the other day. I really should have them small hoops and really get into trying to extend the season.

SwampDonkey

Yeah I know we had a couple days in the 60's, but it turned cold at night since and 40's and 50's. Too cold for open garden. ;) I find too early and the plants are stunted and never recover. If you had a patch of red osier dogwoods, you could have free hoops, they bend easy like plastic.

mesquite buckeye

92 and sunny.  8)

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

chevytaHOE5674

Winter storm warning for 6-12 more inches of the white stuff by tomorrow. The good news is that the guessers say it could get into the 40's and 50's by the weekend and into next week, figure its about time since it'll be May by then...  :D

SwampDonkey

Grass is getting green here, rain for the next couple days, in the 50,60's for highs. Was 55 F yesterday. Not warm enough yet for the peonies, but the daffodils and tulips are poking up. I don't see any wild flowers yet, except maybe colts foot is up.

thecfarm

Grass is real green here. Close to mowing.
Seems odd not too see the leaves blowing around,hardly any wind!!!! The rain MIGHT stay down by the coast. We could use some. That wind has dried things out a little too much.
Raider Bill hope you don't get bored with the weather in your area.  ;D

Raider Bill

Sometimes I do but when that happens I go sit at a Tiki Bar on the beach and watch the landscape walk by :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Magicman

I had mentioned a while back about what that snow was going to do with the Mississippi River.  I see that it is beginning to happen, and it all has to come by us before it gets to the Gulf of Mexico.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chevytaHOE5674

Got about 9" of snow last night and its still falling. Temp has warmed up to 34° so the snow is settling quickly and is very heavy and wet. As of yesterday we went over 300 inches of snow for the season so I will be curious to see what we are at after this snowfall.

Magic you won't have to worry about all our snow UP this way making it into the Mississippi river for the next couple of years.

However the lower Midwest has been getting pounded with rain that all directly flows into the Mississippi which will continue to cause issues for a while yet.

Thank You Sponsors!