iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

a little disappointed

Started by cutterboy, March 28, 2024, 09:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedarman

How does a tow truck driver pull a vehicle from a ditch without impeding traffic and a tractor pulling the vehicle is impeding traffic?
How does anyone know if the stuck driver is part of an investigation?
Does getting stuck require an investigation?
Chet, do you think the trooper was serious?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: SawyerTed on March 30, 2024, 06:46:23 AMOn a lighter note...

The superintendent looked at the tow truck operator and said, "we'll be here a long time if you're going to pull it out one piece at a time!" 
ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

beenthere

Would not have taken this troopers comment as "serious". Would have first taken it as a humor. Always look at the positive, if at all possible. 

"like" the one piece at a time comment. Also could have been taken the wrong way against the tow truck operator. Many new cars have no place to hook to for pulling out of a "stuck" spot. Through a wheel rim may be the best and safest, and easiest to reach. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SawyerTed

The superintendent was a character, having known him, a man just had to know how to take him.  

Let me assure you, it was real clear when he was serious!  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

cutterboy

My faith in humanity has been restored!

This morning I could see people working in my sisters yard where the truck got stuck. We were driving up my driveway toward the road  and when we got closer  I could see that it was him, the guy who got stuck. There was a woman and a child with him and they were all working with shovels and rakes.
I wanted to stop but my wife was anxious to get to my daughter's to help her with Easter dinner. Well anyway, that made me feel good and brightened my mood for the rest of today. :sunny:
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

thecfarm

There!!! That puts a smile on your face!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

I have the same problem in my business, but it is good to give folks the benefit of the doubt.  after thirty years, however I am often disappointed and rarely surprised.  I am glad to hear it. ffsmiley
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

DHansen

Andries

People - you just can't ever tell.
Good news.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

barbender

Maybe he is on the Forum😂
Too many irons in the fire

Southside

Sorry, but the cynic in my says he took how many days to return, then shows up on Easter Sunday with family in tow... Where is Paul Harvey when you need "the rest of the story" ?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

YellowHammer

I agree, he brought his wife and child?  Or more likely she brought him, like a kid whose mom caught him shoplifting, and made him bring the candy back to the store owner.  Maybe they live or travel nearby and drive by the yard every day and have to look at the damage he caused, and the guilt got to them.    

Everybody handles things in different ways, but I'm pretty sure I would have pulled up and told him that he missed a spot, he should have grown out of driving in people's yard in high school, and then thanked the lady and child for helping fixing things, including his bad judgment.  Then wished them a Happy Easter and drove off. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Nebraska

ffsmiley Well good glad they tried to fix the mess. 

barbender

He came back and tried to fix it up, whether from guilt or a brow beating. I'd just be happy that he showed up to take care of it🤷
Too many irons in the fire

cutterboy

When a man does something wrong and comes back to repair the damage, that's a positive thing.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Thank You Sponsors!