iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timber framing course

Started by rjwoelk, April 22, 2015, 09:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjwoelk

My son and I are at a 6 day course in timber framing. We are into day 2 and there are some concepts I got roped but not hogtied, we are having a good time all the same.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Jim_Rogers

Where is the class?

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

rjwoelk

The class is in Cranbrook  BC.   They have a 6 day intro. Class and then a 13 week class.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Jim_Rogers

Thanks for posting that.

What questions do you have now that you have been "exposed" to timber framing?

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

rjwoelk

Well our equipment wants are adding up. I can see a chain mortiser being bought, then some thing to plane the timbers, as we are putting up a square timber log cabin with dovetail joints I am leaning towards a woodmizer planer that goes onto the same track as the lt15.  But I may just get a 6 inch planer for the cabin to start with. My first building in timber framing will be a shed 16x40 4 bents, board and batton , to house: the wood processor in the center, tractor at one end, wall between, other end a storage space for tools And supplies, like coffee , pie and ice cream, a front covered porch, hope to get work done, lol , getting exciting.

Thank You Sponsors!