iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Back in the sawmill business

Started by ozarkgem, December 30, 2019, 06:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

Well its not going to be a business this time. Just sawing for me.
I ran across a Timberking (Belsaw) M14 circle saw today. Never been
assembled. The blade was still in the original box. I don't know much
about circle mills but always wanted one so now I have one. I won't be
setting it up till after I get back from Alaska next fall and buy a piece of
property. The only space I have is filled with stacks of lumber from the
last mill. LOL. I have a Ford 3400 diesel to power it with and a Bobcat to
feed it with.

Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Chuck White

Congrats on the new Circle Mill!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

It's good to hear from you Jim.  Is the sawmill in AK or MO?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ozarkgem

Its here in MO. When I take a mill to AK it will be a band mill. More one man
friendly. How you been? Still making sawdust ?
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Magicman

Yes Sir still sawing, matter of fact this year was probably my busiest ever.  My knee replacement has me "grounded" for now but the sawing jobs are stacking up for 2020.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Brad_bb

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

ozarkgem

Funny Brad, so I don't leave till I die. There are worse things to be pulled back
into for sure.

thecfarm

That is good. 
I only saw for myself. Well, the wife too.  :D  I have made a little money, cutting my own logs. But I did not buy the saw for that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!