iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new car

Started by trapper, March 25, 2012, 12:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

We bought a new toyota corolla today   We were dealing on a 2012. Got what should have been a good price. Test drove a gray car.  When asked about color my wife wanted silver.  When we got home all paperwork said it was a 2011.  As it was after hours when we got home I left a message on their machine that we very  unhappy.  3 thousand was on a credit card and I am to bring them  a check for another thousand monday.  Any advice?
Marv
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

beenthere

The three day right-to-cancel in WI may allow you to get out of it on Monday. That is if it applies to cars. Should have something in the fine print on your paper work.

May have been innocent mistake, but on the other hand not a fair switch.

This is the one I'm thinking of.
http://www.wdfi.org/wca/business_guidance/creditors/three_day_right_to_cancel.htm
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

J_T

Yep call your CC put a hold on their money and sit on your wallet  ;D Or i would anyway 
Jim Holloway

Ianab

I'd see what they say on Monday. Your Ace is that you haven't paid the full amount yet.

Maybe it's an honest msitake. In that case they may say "Oops, we'll get you a different one" or "We can do a discount on that one". In that case, work out what the best deal is for you.

Maybe it was a deliberate mistake, but you can't prove that. So give them option to wriggle out.

If they play hardball, so do you. Give the car back, don't pay the last $1,000, lodge a claim with the CC company, and tell em to get lost. They wont want to do that as they will have a hard time enforcing the sale agreement in court if it got that far, so they will go with the "deal" or replace options.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

snowstorm

what was the build date? if it was built in oct nov or dec it may be a 2012

trapper

beenthere
looks like the 3 day dosn't apply as we went to the dealers place of business  We plan on being at the dealership when they open Monday.  Saturday we finished up after the normal business hours so nothing should have been sent in yet. We are are taking the car and our truck to have a way home and to show we are serious.Thanks everyone for the advice so far.
Marv
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

SwampDonkey

A Dodge dealer tried the old switcheroo with an elderly lady who I know and is independently wealthy (sends in income tax every quarter). She was with my uncle when she went shopping. They went back and both seen it was not the same car. She took her business elsewhere. And she would have paid cash. The same outfit tried to deny me warrantee at 50,000 km (not miles), I called Montreal and got a call to come in to fix it. I can't figure out how they can stay in business. Must have some loyal friends I guess. The truck was a pile of junk by 160,000 km.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

trapper

Problem resolved.
My wife and I were at the dealer when it opened this morning.  The salesman and his superior met us at the door.  They could tell we were very angry. >:( >:( >:(  Told them why and the manager took over from there.  She told me that they want to make us happy.  They gave us a 2012 car and took off $4500 of the protection plans the finance person talked us into without any hassel.  Got the deal we orginally wanted and they matched the prices we found thru AAA car shopping service.

Shotgun

Good for you.  Sounds like they pretty much took good care of you.  Without you reacting, as you did, you would have been just another statistic.  Anymore, you have to fight for pretty much anything.  In the past one in 20 was a problem.  Now it's one in 20 that isn't a problem.  Guess that's just life in the 21st Century.

Way to go.  Fight on!

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

thecfarm

Most places do not want a unhappy customer. I wonder if they meant to do that or was it a mistake. But does not matter now,everything is the way you want it.My wife will hold up a line for 25 cents.  ;D  it's just the idea of it not being right at times. But I know in your case there is a BIG difference.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

snowstorm

protection plan???

trapper

extended warranty and paint protection that was way overpriced.  This brought the price of the car up To us oweing more on the car than insurance would pay in case of the car being totaled in an accident even after $4000 down payment. So they talked us into gap insurance.  Slick finance people talked us into this not the salesman or his manager.

doctorb

Did they have any explanation for why this happened, or did they just pleasantly say, "You caught us!", and buckled into the newer deal?
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

snowstorm

sounds like there were trying to steal your money. paint protection nobody should buy that

trapper

said thought they told us it was a 2011.

DouginUtah

Quote from: snowstorm on March 26, 2012, 09:27:50 PM
sounds like there were trying to steal your money. paint protection nobody should buy that

I wish I had bought paint protection on my white '92 GMC pickup. Some of you will know what I mean.  >:(
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

SwampDonkey

Some outfits try to sell these electronic gizmos to protect against rust. Market Place put the spot light on this a while back and showed it was just a gimmick.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

screwsloose

Gap insurance is a good thing if you finance a car and plan to use the full extent of the loan. Although it is normally cheaper where ever you get your normal car insurance. the other protection plans sound kinda strange so its good they threw them in, thats always a nice way to say I am sorry.

Thank You Sponsors!