iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

debarker question

Started by jmouton, March 18, 2024, 09:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moodnacreek

Quote from: Southside on March 21, 2024, 09:55:01 PMIf you need any convincing try sawing a clean log at dusk without the debarker, the sparks will look like the 4th of July with all the embedded dirt and sand. 
Hickory bark and dead locust no matter how clean throw sparks. The worst is frozen dirt on the bottom of the log where the mud saw can't get it.

Stephen1

Quote from: Mr. Buck on March 21, 2024, 07:25:32 PMSo I ordered a LT35 a couple of months ago. The salesperson is also a field tech and he did not want to sell me the debarker for the 35. He told me that it was underpowered and blew fuses constantly.  He said it was not a problem on the 40, 50 or 70 models. He owns an LT35 himself as well.

Have y'all experienced this?  I'm a bit nervous about running without a debarker.  I'm worried that my blade costs might be a lot higher than they need to be. I'd love to hear what you think!
I had that problem when my mill was new. Brian @ WM sent me a new breaker and problem went away. I also run the 1/2" debarker blade on my deparker, an upgrade from the 3/8" blade and still no problems.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!