iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How much would you charge to saw (110) 6"x12"x14' out of my EWP?

Started by hunz, April 14, 2013, 04:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunz

Well the title pretty much says it. I have a stack of eastern white pine logs that need to be cut into 6.5"x12.5" or there about( finished they will be 6"x12"). I am cutting all of the beams for the house large, letting beams shrink/move, then doing a final cut on my mill. The timbers are for a timber frame dovetail home I am building. I have a manual mill and have almost given up hope sawing the remainder of what I have left to do. I am one man and am beginning to run out of energy juggling my everyday job and this as well. I figured that someone with a hydraulic mill could make short time of what I have left. There may be a possibility of adding about (25) 4"x10"x15's if the estimate for the 6"x12"s is reasonable. I can get the logs to the mill and offload beams with a small loader I have. There are many in the 30" diameter, most ranging from 20"-30".

I already know what most charge per hour, but am looking for a rough estimate on total cost so I can budget accordingly. Thanks in advance fellow sawyers!

Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

red oaks lumber

if it was in my area, i would charge .20 b.f. to cut the nessesary logs to meet that cut list.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on April 14, 2013, 09:18:24 PM
if it was in my area, i would charge .20 b.f. to cut the nessesary logs to meet that cut list.

I would say .20 BF a fair price since your gonna help unload with equipment.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

I know time is a factor too. I have a manual mill too,BUT I'm don't saw out TF houses with mine.  That is quite the under taking. I use mostly hemlock,so far,that stuff is some heavy,heavier than white pine I feel. Anyway to use your loader to turn the logs? You say small ,loader?like on a tractor? I use my loader,40hp tractor to turn my big logs. Good luck with your house sawing.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!