iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for plastic storage case for Husky T435

Started by Zzeke, December 06, 2020, 03:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zzeke

Hello all, I am new to the group having just joined yesterday. I just bought a brand new Husqvarna T435.  I have an orange molded plastic case for my Husqvarna 51. I would like to find a molded case just like this one, but much smaller to fit my T435. I'm not really interested in one of those square fold up box cases. Any suggestions?

Tacotodd

You might have to settle for a bar scabbard. That's what I had to do for my 372xp and it has worked better than I ever expected. 
Trying harder everyday.

lxskllr

For my echo 2511t I use a soft Samsonite carryon bag with a slot cut in the end to fit the bar. I got it for a few $ from the thrift shop. The same may be doable with a hardsided makeup case if it's big enough. I'm unaware of cases made specifically for tophandles, and standard cases take up a lot of room for little saws. I like my bag a lot. It has room for a saw, a couple felling wedges, files/scrench, spare bar/chain, and two small liquor bottles with bar oil and fuel with room left over.

realzed

Tote it in with you to a local Stihl dealer and see which, if any, of the orange plastic cases it fits best in - if you're not afraid that some may think you are just another of those pesky Stihl saw owners.  
Actually by doing so, you might just end up with a lot of new and very friendly new acquaintances by doing so..  ::) :)

lxskllr

I got an echo box for my ms362 so people wouldn't know I have a Stihl...

Actually, I got it cause it has a flat top, so it's easier to stack/stow. My saw that got stolen was in a Stihl case, and while it's physically smaller, you can't utilize the space cause it's rounded, and it has less room in the case for stuff. I'm a little undecided on the whole case thing for the bigger saws, but it does keep them nicer, and keeps sun off the plastic which is more important than scuffs/scrapes imo.

sawguy21

I tried a hard case and ended up with files, mix oil etc sitting in a pool of dirty oil. I really don't like them although my Super 2 which I have not run has one.

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!