iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Case 450 log arch

Started by bulldozerjoe, May 11, 2021, 10:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldozerjoe

anybody know where I can get a log arch for my 450c, winch is already on it.... or possibly somebody who sells them new... thanks.... 
New holland tc 45
Fransguard 4000
Sthil 021-028super-029-066

mike_belben

i think youll look for a long time to find one, and when you finally do find it.. youll curse at the asking price.  and coulda built or had one built long ago by the time that all occurs. 

a big swivelling type of tailwheel fork and rim is what id do.  like the back wheel on a bell 3wheeled buncher.  except the pivot axis is horizontal rather than vertical so it follows the cable when winching in at right angles from the machine. 

or just a rim with a through axle on a pair of uprights. an old bottom roller off a dozer or excavator undercarriage will work fine too. 
Praise The Lord

Iwawoodwork

If you are a fabricator or have a fab/welder friend think about an arch from an old rubber tired skidder or any type of smaller crawler dozer.  I see skidder fairleads on Craig's list here in the western US about once every month or two.  You might find one for a 450 if you search the tractor wrecking yards in US and Canada.  But as Mike B stated building one or modifying a similar one might be much quicker and cheaper.

bulldozerjoe

That's what i was thinking 
New holland tc 45
Fransguard 4000
Sthil 021-028super-029-066

Brian_Rhoad

Thank You Sponsors!