iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pig Roast Door Prize(s)

Started by olcowhand, July 05, 2021, 09:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olcowhand

Due to the out-pouring of positive feedback regarding my new "Hobby", I'm donating a piece to be used as a "Door Prize" at the Pig Roast.

....and as a reminder, Jeff and Family work very hard to make the Pig Roast very enjoyable for all attendees. I've only been to one of these events, but my family still talks about the fun, food & fellowship (not to mention the Door Prizes...) that we experienced in 2018.
Jeff usually tries to secure some nice swag from our Forum sponsors, but the bulk of the Door Prize inventory comes from us, the FF Family. Big or small, a lot or a little- it will all contribute to a great event.
Please remember to support this year's event by donating something to be used as a Door Prize; with the hardships many businesses have experienced, our Sponsors may not be in a position to be as generous as in the past......
@Jeff, I hope you don't mind me jumping in here- just trying to get the wheels turning.
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Jeff

Thank you Steve that is great!!
Contact with sponsors is still difficult due to everything that is effecting everyone everywhere. I have no idea what this years pigroast will bring, but I do know this, the food and company will still be unmatched. Not having an orchestrated door prize giveaway this year would triple the time Tammy and I could spend with yall that come. I'm refusing to stress about it and it will be what she will be.
Tammy and I are in on making or giving something to a member generated prize pile! :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

mike_belben

cool idea cowhand.  i will be there in spirit   ;)
Praise The Lord

firefighter ontheside

I will think of something to be given as a prize.  @Jeff can I purchase something on Amazon and have it shipped to you?
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Jeff

Sure, but to be clear, I may lose track of what when and how for by who. You gotta be willing to step up and remind us if we do! :)

olcowhand

If folks want to PM me when they send something, I'll keep a spreadsheet..... I'm open to other help as needed. Let me know.
I'm 40-50 minutes from Jeff, so I can pitch in if needed.
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

firefighter ontheside

Quote from: Jeff on July 05, 2021, 05:14:05 PM
Sure, but to be clear, I may lose track of what when and how for by who. You gotta be willing to step up and remind us if we do! :)

I understand that.  I don't need to be recognized anyway.  It will be something small, but useful.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

Geez, I'd really like to make something because I think that's what most of us are about, but maybe something purchased would be better? Geez Jeff, I think I just picked up a piece of your stress. :D I will have to think on this pretty hard, but I will come up with something. I assume those of us attending can just bring them along when we come?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on July 05, 2021, 09:07:43 PMI assume those of us attending can just bring them along when we come?
That would be our preferred method, but what ever works.:)

Cedarman

Getting a door prize at the pig roast is always a bonus.  But the best prize I take home is the memories of the comradery  from all the visiting with other FF folks.
It is a fun experience and worth the time it takes to get there.
Even though I have an unending stack of work to do at the mill, I have never regretted taking the time off to attend.
This year we are stopping on Sun at the Indiana State Fair.
They are sawing some of my cedar at the Pioneer Village with a steam powered sawmill.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Resonator

QuoteI don't need to be recognized anyway.
Just dress casual, not in the fire suit. ;)
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

doc henderson

I will bring some things along as well.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

firefighter ontheside

Quote from: Resonator on July 06, 2021, 08:05:20 AM
I was gonna dress like this.  Not the one in the dress.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

firefighter ontheside

Quote from: Jeff on July 05, 2021, 11:09:23 PM
Quote from: Old Greenhorn on July 05, 2021, 09:07:43 PMI assume those of us attending can just bring them along when we come?
That would be our preferred method, but what ever works.:)
I will just bring it with.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Texas Ranger

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on July 06, 2021, 10:39:53 AM
Quote from: Resonator on July 06, 2021, 08:05:20 AM
I was gonna dress like this.  Not the one in the dress.

I like the tiara
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Andries

Wondered if the tiara was part of the uniform? . . . maybe a dress-code kinda thing? 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

firefighter ontheside

Yes, that is my fire department head dress.  I knew you'd like it.  It was a bad place to take that photo in retrospect.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

Lets be sure and get that hair trimmed before the pig roast as well.   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

firefighter ontheside

Don't worry, Doc.  My hair is nearly 1/2" long now.  Definitely be getting one or 2 hair cuts before the roast.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on July 06, 2021, 04:05:18 PM

Don't worry, Doc.  My hair is nearly 1/2" long now.  Definitely be getting one or 2 hair cuts before the roast.
One or TWO!? Geez man, you are gonna be bald! I never had a uniform quite that swanky, it looked OK but not that officious. Personally I don't care what you look like, and if that gal comes along with you you could have long hair, holey pants, and smell bad and i wouldn't even notice you. :D
 Funny but with all the mushroom log work I didn't have time for a haircut and just finally got one the other day. It was really bad and driving me nuts in the heat. I walked in and the barber said "Gibbs cut, right?" "Yup" I relied and ten minutes later felt like a new man. I don't even need to comb it now. ;D It may grow in by the pig roast, we'll have to see.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

firefighter ontheside

I get my hair cut every 3 weeks or so.  My wife, who is not coming to the roast since you asked, cuts my hair in our kitchen.  She cuts the top with a no. 1 guard on the clippers and blends it to no guard on the side.  I haven't used a comb or brush in well over 20 years.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

OH, that is sweet, if my wife cut my hair it would have saved us a chunk of change over the decades! Very sorry your wife is not making the trip. Doc is not sure if his wife can get the time either, that will leave my wife putting up with the 3 of us in the campground, and she is pretty tolerant, but there is a limit to what any human can take. :D

thecfarm

My hair gets cut the same way. When company comes I just have to make sure I have a clean shirt on.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on July 06, 2021, 08:50:00 PM
OH, that is sweet, if my wife cut my hair it would have saved us a chunk of change over the decades! Very sorry your wife is not making the trip. Doc is not sure if his wife can get the time either, that will leave my wife putting up with the 3 of us in the campground, and she is pretty tolerant, but there is a limit to what any human can take. :D
OG, my wife will be with me at the campground so your wife will have back up if needed. She can hold her own as she's been putting up with me for the past 27 years. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Haircuts? I get my hairs (all I can find) cut once a month whether I need it or not. No need for a comb here either. Lost most of my hair by time I was in my early 20's.

FFOTS, looking good sir. We just ordered all new class A uniforms for the the whole district. We had a big gun raffle to raise the money for the uniforms so as not to put a burden on the district board. I have pump test scheduled on the 22nd for 6 engines plus unexpected repairs to the engine on one of our tanker/ tenders ($$$$$) and building maintenance at my station so the fiscal officer isn't too pleased with expenditures.

Brent

Thank You Sponsors!