iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sketchup help

Started by Don P, November 10, 2021, 06:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

I'm trying to make a sketch for a presentation. In this view I've plotted elevations in google earth and drawn rough countour lines, pulled them up, clicked "from contours" in draw from the sandbox to get a roughly smooth 3d contour model. Plopped the buildings in... the farmhouse I'm working on is in white, the proposed welcome center is at the head of the draw on the right.

The question, is there a way to paint the flat 2d google earth picture up on the 3d contour?

Don P

Got it. If you import a picture, align and scale it under the contour model. Explode both the picture and the contour model. Select the picture, click the paint bucket tool place it over the highlighted picture and hit the ALT key. release the key the eyedropper tool will be replaced by the paint bucket tool, scroll to the contour model and begin clicking to fill. In this case it painted the aerial image on the contour model of the site. There are 2 sketchup model buildings I then inserted into the landscape.

Tom King

I figured if anyone could do it, you could.

Don P

One thing I was thinking today, it "knows" the volume of the space in my fill. I need to figure out how to get that out of it. It all depends on how accurate my plots are compared to reality but it'd be a quick estimate.

Thank You Sponsors!