iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mardi Gras 2024

Started by Magicman, February 07, 2024, 07:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

We are going to New Orleans tomorrow and we will probably see Ida and her sister Uno.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

That one with one leg longer than the other skipping along with them? That'll be sister Ilene.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on February 09, 2024, 10:31:21 PMThat'll be sister Ilene.
Actually it is Irlene.  I had forgotten that you met her when you were here.  She is the one that we bought our Crawfish from.  She now wears a thicker sole/heel on the shorter leg and her gait is barely noticeable. 

Because of her earlier disability, she actually started the family's King Cake venture and is still the driving force behind the business.  They are three lovely and hard working ladies.  In another month they will be selling Strawberries which are widely grown in the Ponchatoula area.  Irlene sets up a fruit stand here in Brookhaven with her colorful umbrella selling Strawberries and also their wide variety of Cookies.  Their Cookies are sorta expensive, but what the heck, we only get them once a year.

Anyway, we will head South a bit after 10:00 this morning.  The weather looks good and there are not any Mardi Gras parades until tomorrow so maybe we won't have too much traffic.  We will eat lunch at Middendorfs in Manchac.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Resonator

Ida Noe is Knottmee's sister. They both show up when the boss asks who did it... ffcheesy
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

beenthere

I'd like to get back to New Orleans sometime, if nothing else but to see if "Mother's" is still there serving Po Boy's on Poydras St. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

I have never left New Orleans, Florida, nor California with any intention of ever going back, but alas, I have returned to all three of them several times.  move_it

Thank You Sponsors!