iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New job (Same employer)

Started by 9shooter, June 14, 2005, 03:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9shooter

I work for one of the big three automakers. They recently closed my plant and do not have current need for my services after 27 years. I would be bummed, but I fall into a gaurenteed  job situation. So they in their infinite wisdom assigned me to work for a local not-for-profit organization. I am working on a stream near my home clearing log jams and building wing dams for fishing structure. 8) :D.    Have any of you guys cut logs partialy or totaly submerged? Is there any major concerns for the saw as long as I keep water out of the air intake?   I have been doing this sometimes more out of neccesity than anything else.  Another thing I have noticed is that many of these logs seem very well preserved. I cut a 36" hard maple into blocks  >:( and was suprised at how white the wood was on the inside considering what the outside looked like. I am going to recover these blocks for bowl turning when I get a chance and the proper equipment around. I have since refused to cut some logs untill I have a winch rig to recover them. To think that I was considering retiring and working in the woods. ;D
Earth First! We'll log the other planet's later!

Tom

Jeff

Dont forget the guy that wrote a book about it. Ron Scott

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Oh yeah, Ron!  How could I forget him?   :P

Thank You Sponsors!