The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Forcat 2000 VS Conventional Log skidder  (Read 41896 times)

Offline motohed

• Share Post
Re: Forcat 2000 VS Conventional Log skidder
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2009, 03:20:01 PM »
Somethings need to be clarified, the gas powered unit does not exsist anymore, we phased it out because of overheating and lack of power, the new unit has a 36 hp Perkins deisel engine and can skid up 3 times it's own weight 4100 lbs X 3 = 12300 lbs , as for parts we have all parts in stock and ready to ship to anywhere in North America within 24 hours.  I have included a link for our new video   and tech specs for your review, we will also in the very near future offer this unit with a standard skidsteer plate front and rear so all the attachments you see at this link http://www.quick-attach.com/  will fit onto the machine, also the name of the machine has been changed to OXTRAC.
This thing looks good on flat ground . I would like to see it in action in rocky terrain , muddy terrain , etc . I had never given these small machines much chance before owning a skidsteer , the one I have is mighty powerful being a Bobcat T 320 . I have grappled a 16 foot oak lod that was 48 to 50 + inches in diameter and carried it away with little to no problem . I know it is considerably larger and more horse power than your forcat .  I am also amazed with the my 16" feller buncher schear head , which I use on it for clearing firewood trees etc . I always thought bigger was better ,but these compact machines pack a lot of punch for a machine of their size . I wish I had a hot saw head for sawlogs , but for now we cut saw log timber with chainsaws and wedges like most everyone else I supose .
                                  Scott

Offline debushau

• Share Post
Re: Forcat 2000 VS Conventional Log skidder
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2010, 12:52:08 AM »
This unit is a forwarder but its forcat size. There's a neat video of it on youtube. Made in Japan by Canycom.

http://canycomsales.com/menu/products/by460.php

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
forcat 2000

Started by VTLogger on Forestry and Logging

18 Replies
Last post May 07, 2016, 06:20:13 PM
by VTLogger
xx
FORCAT 2000

Started by Kevin on Forestry and Logging

9 Replies
Last post September 18, 2002, 05:38:26 AM
by Kevin