iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodsplitter stalls motor....

Started by Woodhog, August 09, 2009, 10:19:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhog

My old woodsplitter just had the hydraulic pump replaced with a new one..

It split a few pieces with good power, then the motor started to stall instantly just at the finish of the split stroke.

After doing this a while it started to stall instantly on the return unloaded stroke..

When it stalls the motor stops instantly just as if it comes up against full overload....

Would anyone have some ideas as to what is happening with this frustrating piece of equipment. I dont know much about hydraulics....

Thanks

Chuck White

I'm not sure, but it sounds to me like the hydraulic by-pass valve isn't working.

Chuck
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

tyb525

Something similar happened with ours. Just turned out that it needed a tune-up badly. New spark plug, oil change, carb adjusment and cleaning, gas tank cleaned out. It runs fine now.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

chucker

sounds like junk in the valve somewhere... often happens when changing a hose or fitting !! dont take much if its before the filter or after .....
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

Gary_C

It could be the governor or the carb is at fault. The engine is not responding to increased loads.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Woodhog

Thanks  for the replies...

I went back to the pile and it started to work fine, maybe it was dirt somewhere?

It had all the hoses etc off when the new hydraulic pump was put on....

I also adjusted the carb at bit so not sure what it was....

Oh well at least it wasnt a $400,000 bio-mass machine broke down.... :D

Oh the stress of woods  work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chucker

:D  yupp !! just like an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure? lol  oh what to do next...........
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

Thank You Sponsors!