iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree Farmer ?????????

Started by Autocar, October 06, 2011, 02:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

C7T power shift transmission, pulling logs this morning and it didn't feel right. When I would put it in nuetral it stopped like you put a brake on,then as the morning progressed it seemed like I had to give it alot of throttle to get it to move. Then I pulled the biggest log of the morning out to the landing and it seemed ok. Turned her around and it went about twenty yards and stopped dead in her tracks. Transmission hotter then H to touch but fluid smells like it just came out of the can and it isn't hot at all. I went back and carried my saw out to the truck and kicked the dirt for a while then started it back up and when I shifted into gear the tork converter shaft would stop dead even though I had it rapping r.p.m.'s throw it back into nuetral and it would start turning again. Also on the back of the tork converter bell housing there is a pump, I don't think it has nothing to do with the operation of the transmission except to pump the transmission fuild to the cooler it was hotter then H. Any ideas ? This may be the straw that broke the camels back for my operation, I would hate to think what it cost to repair it.  ::)
Bill

snowstorm

that has a clark trans? converter housing is not bolted to the trans housing? has a drive shaft? do you have a oil temp guadge ? they will run 200 degrees so says my book. dose that have a fiber gear that bolts to the flywheel converter slides into it. dose the parking break come on when you put it in netural one of mine dose

Autocar

Yes it's a Clark transmission, the bell housing bolt right to the rear of the 4/53 block. Ive never had it off so Iam not sure about the fiber gear. There is a drive line between the tarnsmission and converter. I never had a parking brake that I knew of but thats what it acts like theres a break on. On the rear of the transmission there was a hand brake that was locked on when I bought the machine. I unhooked the cable to it but could never get it to release from the locked on position. But it never seemed to drag or anything else. And it's been that way for 15 years or more.
Bill

Autocar

Another question for years when you turned the skidder on a tight turn it seemed to speed up but as soon as you straightened her out it seem to slow down just about half speed. Could that be the planatarys and is there a possibility there locking up ? I felt them but they were cool to the touch.
Bill

snowstorm

the fiber gear is what conects the flywheel to the converter. going faster when it strightens out? same engine speed? dose it have no spins in the rears? or can you lock them in

snowstorm

might want to pull the plugs on the plantertarys look at the oil for parts an pices

oldseabee

Cut open the trans filter and look for clutch material. You may have a clutch pack locking up. check all speeds and both directions to see if it drags in all or  if one speed or direction seems normal that clutch could be locking up so when you are in any other speed range or direction the transmission is trying to move in two gears at once. The pump on the convertor has two functions, 1. feeds the Clutch pressure regulating valve on the side of the convertor and from there to the control valve on the transmission. 2. Provides oil to the convertor members so they can work and then on to the cooler and back to the transmission sump. Is this a grapple machine with a winch that doesn't get used? Take the drive line off the winch to make sure that it isn't causing the drag, it is powered through the transmission.

Autocar

Today I went over and started it up and it will go forward and in reverce, but still something draging it down. So Monday I will take the truck and trailer over and load it up and bring it home. I will check the winch drive line before I bring it home just in case thats it. Thanks everyone for your advice , and it will be interesting on what I find out about it. The winch dose go though the transmission and it very seldom ever gets used. So I will keep my fingers crossed  ;D Thanks again Bill
Bill

Autocar

Just a up date on where I am at on this project. This is my busy time of year so I got my small skidder tuned up and I am working with it,no grapple but if I buck the logs in the woods I can get them out one peace at a time. Snowstorm and Oldseabee has given me alot of things to look at but with a log order looming on the horizon I have to get the veneer walnut cut by the end of the month. Once I get that taken care of then I will see what my problems may be  ;)
Bill

mad murdock

Good luck on your production Autocar, maybe freeze-up will delay, and you will be able to sneak all your work in before the cold weather hits hard.  I hope you get your C-7 squared away and going again.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!