iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question about Timberking mills

Started by JodyOleary, June 25, 2012, 07:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JodyOleary

I found a used 04 TK 1600 near me.  It has a 25 hp Kohler engine.  The price seems fair but I was partial to the Woodmizer mills because of all the attachments they offer.  I was on TK web sight and I don't see any accessories offered for their mills.  I was interested in the lap/shingle attachment as well as being able to add to your machine to cut longer logs.  Am I missing something or are there no accessories for the TK mills?

JodyOleary

The guy told me he bought it new in 2004 and has only cut about 80 logs.  What is a Fair price?  It does not have a log turner but it has hydraulic loader and other hydraulics that run the head.  He couldn't tell me the amount of hours, just that it was used little.

Ga Mtn Man

TK does offer a lap siding attachment for $1295.  They don't have extension kits for their mills but a good metal fab shop could do the job for not too much money.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

SPD748

I'd say you're best bet on finding out what, if any, attachments TimberKing offers for that particular mill is to call them at 1-800-942-4406. That's what I did when I was considering a bandmill. I had a ton of questions and they had a ton of answers. As for a fair price, I don't have any information there. Perhaps some of the bandmill owners will chime in.

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

Kcwoodbutcher

It could be tough to extend a 1600 but it could be done. As for attachments you have the siding maker, and I know their debarker can be retrofit. I don't know if the hydraulic log turner is a bolt on but I'm sure it would work with out much trouble.  The 1600 is a simple mill that is easily modified, it's also built like tank. The thing should have an hour meter on it attached to the engine but it might be broke just like mine. A real ballpark number for price would be 6K to 10K depending on condition.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Thank You Sponsors!