iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

steering cylinder leaking

Started by huntdibbs, January 28, 2014, 06:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntdibbs

My 440c has a steering cylinder leaking pretty good, had it repacked awhile back but I think the chrome is scored to bad. Anyone know where to get one or have it replaced?
MF1540 4x4 massey ferguson tractor, JD440C skidder, Case650H W/allied wc3 winch

Autocar

Measure the diameter and the stroke then check with the Surplus Center [www. surpluscenter.com ] they may have what your looking for and can save you some money. Not sure about deer but probably pins on the cylinder ends.
Bill

Corley5

A good hydraulic/machine shop can fix it for you.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

huntdibbs

That's where I had the other one fixed just hoping to minimize down time, thanks
MF1540 4x4 massey ferguson tractor, JD440C skidder, Case650H W/allied wc3 winch

thenorthman

yep good hydraulic shop can build a new one from scratch or modify one to fit.

Took about 2 days for me to get my blade cylinder back last year, most of that was driving back and forth...
well that didn't work

PaYoungBuck

If your looking to replace it chech schaffer enterprises. I can give you there contact info if you need it. Run yours if you can til the new one comes they have a heck of a salvage yard and very good parts

John Woodworth

Back in the days I ran JD's one of the most common problems with steerins cylinders was stepping on them with cork boots when climbing in which over time scores the shaft, a machine shop will replace the shaft cheaper than a new cylinder, also you do not have to pull the Barrel, just pull the shaft assembly, I in most cases never pull the barrel to repack.
Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

Thank You Sponsors!