The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: scorpion  (Read 2174 times)

Offline barbender

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: scorpion
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 08:37:31 PM »
I was going to go to work for him when he transitioned to the conventional equipment, by the time I started in December he was already back to a new John Deere CTL team.  He always really kicked himself for that deal, he lost a lot of money on that one. He couldn't say "conventional equipment" without shaking his head and getting mad at himself :) Nik was never content to just keep doing the same thing, he always had to try something different. Sometimes it worked great and other times not. But, he had the fortitude to keep pressing forward even when he worked himself into a corner, where most people would've gave up. He reminded me of some of the adventurers, like the man (Shackleton?)that went across Antarctica to save his crew whose ship was locked in the ice and running out of provisions, or the rock climber that had to cut his own arm off with a dull knife- Nik had that kind of fortitude, to keep going no matter what.
Too many irons in the fire

Offline barbender

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 08:44:52 PM »
Sorry, 1270d, I kind of hijacked your thread. I will be sure to report on the Scorpion when I start picking wood up behind it, and helping with repairs. Hopefully, there won't be too many bugs to fix as the crane beyond the new base is the same as an ergo parallel crane, so is the H7 head. The engine, pumps, and drive components are the same as an 8 wheel Ergo, so the new 3 piece frame and leveling components will be the part we have to learn about.
Too many irons in the fire

Offline sshier

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 09:06:31 PM »
Wow 700,000 well I guess that's only about 17,500 cords of pulp to pay it off 350 cord a week just for the note wonder if ponsse would give me one on time, for some reason the bank thought I was crazy
When I asked for one maybe I'd have better luck with ponsse

Offline Brleclaire

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 12:05:45 AM »
That's why Ponsse puts all those fancy lights on their machines. So you can run them night and day to pay for them.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Ponsse Scorpion Demo Rhinelander Wisconsin

Started by Loggermann on Shows, Events and Places to meet

6 Replies
Last post July 26, 2014, 07:59:39 AM
by Loggermann
moved
MOVED: Ponsse Scorpion Demo Rhinelander Wisconsin

Started by Jeff on Travel Guide

0 Replies
Last post July 22, 2014, 05:22:37 PM
by Jeff