iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

old farm trash dump is actually a Farm Pond - clean up help

Started by kwendt, January 06, 2015, 12:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

It might be,but I don't really want the state involved with my land.  ;)  This piece would be no more than 2 acres in size.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jemclimber

Quote from: thecfarm on January 07, 2015, 07:06:39 PM
I own some wetland,it's just tall grass. Someone drove a 4 wheeler across it. A game warden visited the wife while I was gone and started to tell her we could not drive our 4 wheeler across the meadow.  :o   We don't even own a 4 wheeler and she told the warden my husband would like to catch the guy that did that. This whole area is preserved for waterfowl. An area pond lost thier nice beaches when the state held back the water for the water fowl.

Is this meadow visible from the road? What business did the game warden have on your property?
lt15

thecfarm

Yes,it's right next to the road. I saw the 4 wheeler tracks when I came home from work. This was years ago,I think the game warden we have now would not be so rude about it. I have talked with the one we have now many times. But that area is protected by the state about some waterfowl conservation program.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

snowstorm

Quote from: repmma on January 07, 2015, 07:20:42 PM
Is your wetland exempt from property tax?
if its a swamp and you fuss enought the town will call it wasteland and the tax rate is real low

repmma

Quote from: snowstorm on January 08, 2015, 05:11:51 PM
Quote from: repmma on January 07, 2015, 07:20:42 PM
Is your wetland exempt from property tax?
if its a swamp and you fuss enought the town will call it wasteland and the tax rate is real low

It's a battle I don't suspect will result in more then a draw in the end.  The crooks will just make it up someplace else.  But where is the fun in not raising hell with them!?

Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

coxy

I look at it this way  what they don't know don't hurt them :)

kwendt

87 acres abandoned northern Maine farm and forest to reclaim. 20 acres in fields, 55 acre woodlot: maple, spruce, cedar and mixed. Deer, bear, moose, fox, mink, snowshoe and lynx. So far: a 1950 Fergie TO-20, hand tools, and a forge. (And a husband!)

Thank You Sponsors!