iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree Farmer Braden winch info

Started by mjeselskis, February 22, 2015, 06:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjeselskis

Can anyone tell me anything about this Braden winch on my tree farmer? It's all mechanical and worm drive. I had to take it apart to clean up the clutch packs to get it to free spool. Now it works good but slips on real hard pulls. If I need new clutch disks, can I still get them?

Anyone know what model this is or where to get manuals?

Clutch disks, friction plates, and cups and springs to keep them separate for free spool.
2006 WM LT28  1993 John Deere 5300
Husqvarna 562XP & 365 X-Torq

coxy

try P B H winch parts in N H  I have the number if you need it

mjeselskis

Thanks cozy, a number would be great. I can't seem to get their website to work.

I'm guessing that tree farmer didn't use this winch for long. Nobody seems to know much about them and I can't find much info online.

loggah

Call Mario at Davco in Farmington Maine, there Experts on Tree Farmer stuff. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

lumberjack48

I ended up with a C4 pulpwood special though some dealings with my brother. It had the same winch on it, this was over 30 yrs ago. I used it about six months with no problems. They told me back then that parts were hard to find.
Sorry, I'm not much help, they told me that it was bullet proof, it was all adjustable.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

mjeselskis

Thanks guys, I'll try pbh and davco. The good thing is that it's all adjustable, but I'm not sure how much more pressure I can put on the clutch, I'm running out of arm strength to move the lever.

rick f

664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

bushmechanic

I have that same winch on a Timberjack 201B. If it's the same as mine it has a overcenter clutch on it, which I don't use, I keep it engaged all the time and back the drum in reverse to get the cable out. It's a bit slower but no slippage.

mjeselskis

It is an over center clutch, run by a lever behind my seat. I like the free spool as I frequently use the whole drum.

I never tried reversing it off, no issues with running the winch in reverse?

bushmechanic

Nope never had any problems running in reverse. I have also ran the Hercules in reverse with no issues. I find it can pile wood neater than free spooling when on a landing. I must also say that I only piggyback with my machine as our wood is only small and short. When I cut my wood I brow it on one side and when I haul it I just back in and slide the cable in under the pile hook up and way to go, about a cord to a load.

Thank You Sponsors!