iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Boom chain.

Started by BargeMonkey, March 06, 2017, 09:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Just when you think the day is going to be great 😂 I didn't hit the stops, I knew the chain was getting really worn and she popped again, this time at the back end of the stick and I'm not piecing it again.  Any of you guys know the place to call and order a complete new chain ??? I believe it's double 100. I can get it at my ag dealer in pieces but I figured one of you guys would know the appropriate parts dealer. 

That was this summer when she popped 4ft from the end, you don't know it till you spit the chain out the back. Today the last link on the back went and I'm done, she needs to get moved shortly. Half wish I could find a used Propac to put on this that has the hydraulic fold down. I love this machine, doesn't look like much but watch out. 😂

coxy

I know where you can get parts  :) :D

BargeMonkey

Quote from: coxy on March 07, 2017, 05:20:06 AM
I didn't think about that, I figured the kid probably scrapped the machine. You see it laying down there ???

petefrom bearswamp

Your right it sure is ugly.
But if it does the job so what.
I am ugly but still get it done altho much more slowly than in younger years.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

coxy

Quote from: BargeMonkey on March 07, 2017, 07:30:31 AM
Quote from: coxy on March 07, 2017, 05:20:06 AM
I didn't think about that, I figured the kid probably scrapped the machine. You see it laying down there ???
yep broke down  :D :D

xalexjx

Just buy a bigger loader and a pull through :D
Logging and Processed Firewood

BargeMonkey

Quote from: xalexjx on March 07, 2017, 12:34:16 PM
Just buy a bigger loader and a pull through :D
There's a 437C down to Cooleys in PA I've been eyeing 😂  I really want another one self propelled and a live heel. My Barko has been a very good machine, having a loader is the only way to go. Yeah I've got to track down boom chain, that delimber came from a French Canadian logger who bought it basically brand new and ran millions of ft of softwood thru it, you would be suprised how fast it is. He sold that and the hydro ax to a kid with big dreams and empty pockets, I dragged both of them home and kept the delimber. I grew up in a 490-490D as a kid so I feel right at home. 😂 

deastman

I used to get chain for my delimber at Lane Supply in Brewer, ME. Tsubaki was about the best brand you could get. No matter where you get it there's only 10' per box if I remember right. My Denis delimber took around 30' total. Most industrial bearing sales shops can get it, nowadays you could probably find a good deal online. Mine used 120H(heavy) double roller chain and I used a paint brush to apply gear oil to keep it lubricated.
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

BargeMonkey

Quote from: deastman on March 09, 2017, 08:28:52 PM
I used to get chain for my delimber at Lane Supply in Brewer, ME. Tsubaki was about the best brand you could get. No matter where you get it there's only 10' per box if I remember right. My Denis delimber took around 30' total. Most industrial bearing sales shops can get it, nowadays you could probably find a good deal online. Mine used 120H(heavy) double roller chain and I used a paint brush to apply gear oil to keep it lubricated.
When it warms up I want to measure and make sure, I called around and it isn't cheap. For what it is she is worth putting the money in, working by myself it's such a huge time saver on these junk hemlock jobs, what took me 5 days 1 dof in 1 day now with that thing, I'm starting to get the hang of setting the header up, huge learning curve.

Thank You Sponsors!