iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking to get info and some knolage on c4 tree farmers.

Started by logman81, October 17, 2017, 05:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

She'll be heading to the woods soon just waiting on the trucker to fix his truck!
Precision Firewood & Logging

logman81

47sawdust

Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

logman81

Thanks will be better when there is wood on the landing.

nativewolf

Quote from: logman81 on April 01, 2018, 07:16:51 PM
She'll be heading to the woods soon just waiting on the trucker to fix his truck!
But it is RI?  Can't you road it to the other side?
Liking Walnut

logman81

Haha that would be long ride not to mention alot of angry motorist.  I managed to work most of the day and got some wood out till the left front planitary decided to bind up! Not sure what happened but ill dig into it tomorrow, not going to enjoy doing it in the woods ugh!

logman81

New planitary on the way be at my door step tomorrow.

bushmechanic

Sucks you had trouble right away but was logging any different than that? ::)

logman81

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

logman81

bushmechanic

That was an updated planetary already on that machine. I doubt that the original had the plate and spacers, those were found on the Timberjack 208's. Good that you got her going again! 

logman81

Yup it got replaced with the older design but thats ok. Id love to have a tj 208 but i hate listning to the Detroit.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

logman81

No it sure wasn't ive never broke one in any of the skidders ive owned. Not sure how it happened i was being very easy on it and using it well within its limits.

logman81

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

logman81

47sawdust

Logman,
 Are you cutting pine with blister rust?That one log  is almost debarked.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Logger RK

It does hurt to feel the hubs after pulling some with it. If there's a warm one it's usually worth taking it apart to see what the problem is. Usually less damage if you catch it sooner 

thecfarm

Yea,what are you doing with that stuff. ???
Looks like wood I haul out for my OWB. The sap wood is all gray like mine too. I chased down many trees like that on my land. One reason why I bought the OWB. I need something to burn dead wood in. I have my eye on a few more that are not going to live.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

logman81

This wood was felled by the landower over a year ago as a select cut. I have four different sorts, tree length firewood, pine pulp, and saw logs and some freshly cut oak saw logs. I dont have a place yet to sell the blue stained logs im thinking its going to be tough. The pulp place has a max of 20" so anything bigger has to go somewhere else.

47sawdust

Yeah,you need a special market for blue stained and maybe wormy pine.The pine borers make quite a racket when they get going,probably won't hear them over the sound of the skidder,tho.
Mick

thecfarm

That wood behind the skidder is all quiet now. Those bores have come and gone. Too bad that guy did all the felling. I have no idea how much is on the ground,but that cost him some money. ???
I'm sure no expert,but that looks like more than a year to me. I know,you are going by what he told you. My pine is worth more than hardwood to me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

logman81

Yes not going to be easy to find a buyer for the blued saw logs. I totally agree the smart thing would of been to hire me to do the entire job start to finish. I also agree he lost alot of money by doing it like that. This job is 20 acres of 400 available. I estimate about 10,000bft maybe a little less of the blue stained logs 20 or so cords of firewood and about 4 to 5 tri axle loads of pine pulp.

Thank You Sponsors!