iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

View from your deer stand.

Started by Bogue Chitto, December 20, 2017, 10:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HemlockKing

I keep seeing this one, isn't worried about chainsaws or quads, can get within 25 ft 
A1

thecfarm

Deer around here don't fear me as long as I have a chainsaw running or I am on my tractor. See more deer when I am on my tractor than walking. Both are like a dinner bell to them.   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Walnut Beast

Figured I better not use this tree stand anymore 😂. Moved it to the new location. Got my Power Pruner pole saw running after sitting for years. Has always cut great. Even in some big dead hedge branches 

WV Sawmiller

I wish I had taken a picture but I sawed for a client Saturday and about 200 yards from our sawing site was a beautiful elevated deer blind/shooting house. It looked to be about 8' square. It was just in the wood line at the edge of a big field with large hardwoods on the back and a hayfield in the front. The really strange construction point was they had built steps up to it but they had the steps on the low side. ::) They had stringers at least 30' long. ??? If they had put the steps on any of the other sides they would have been half the length. They were real nice steps but I am a cheapskate and would have built a ladder with a small landing.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Walnut Beast

No doubt cozy shooting houses are nice but it sure feels really good when you been up in a tree stand for 3 hrs plus with all weather conditions and put a monster buck down 😊

WV Sawmiller

I used to feel the same way and even felt the same about feeders but now I am looking for meat, not antlers and I like sitting there warm and dry and read my books and such. It is much easier to get into a shooting house quietly than in a climbing stand. Also I found as I got older I don't bounce as well as I used to and it takes longer to recover.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Walnut Beast

Another stand ready. Need to get things sprayed on the one side and get the oats in. A view out of the stand each way.  

Son_of_Liberty

I have probably missed a few deer while watching the sun set over KY Lake.

LT70
Bobcat T250
CAT 236D
FORD L9000
CASE 580 Super M

Ron Scott

Many great sun rises and sun sets are seen from the deer stand.
~Ron

Jeff

View from what I call Lynda's blind. Wind right in my face tonight to get back here. Foodplots are starting to show some meaningful growth, but my pond is down 18".

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

I don't have a stand, but I was out driving the tractor and saw 3 deer last night. Then I saw 3 in the lower field when I came home at 6:30at night. First deer that I have seen for months.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

There was always a dream to have a small shelter/blind on the backside of this property that you could sleep or hunt out of. Well we got one now after creating another quarter mile of trail this fall and snaking the blind back on the trail. I'm calling it the Half Mile blind for now. :)
The Half Mile Deer Blind. - YouTube

Jeff

The wind was right, so first time to go out and sit. No weapon.

WV Sawmiller

I can't download them yet but I got a bunch of pictures on my cell phone this morning of a yearling bear cub about 60-70 lbs who hung out and scratched his back and sat on his butt under and around my deer stand for half an hour. It was fun watching him but he did not help the deer hunting. :D
Howard Green

Walnut Beast

Walnut Beast

Good luck to everyone! Looking forward to views from the stands!! 

Jeff

Tonight's view. The Tamarack are turning. :)

Walnut Beast

SawyerTed

Thought I would sneak in a couple of hours after working firewood all day.  

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Walnut Beast

TN King

Timberking 2020 - Mahindra 3550PST - Titan implements -
1840's two story log home - 50x60 log pole barn with 6 stalls - Trout pond - Hardwood timber stands - fruit trees - natural springs and lots of wildlife.

JD Guy

Quote from: Ron Scott on September 14, 2022, 06:04:21 PM
Many great sun rises and sun sets are seen from the deer stand.
Agreed...Also from the duck blind 8)

Walnut Beast

Big tuff little guy is flexing his muscles with his ears cocked back showing who's boss of the little guy that's almost as big as him 😂

Jeff

This dude got about 10ft away. I think button bucks get brains, their second year.

jb616

@Jeff , i think it takes till the 3rd year before the brains develop in them guys... :D  we have two 1.5 yr olds that have all their points busted off from trying to pick on the old guys. 

Thank You Sponsors!